Question About Ford Racing Tune

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2559, Lexus NX300
Ok so here's my question. Does anyone know (perhaps based on the Focus ST tune) if the tune that Ford is going to offer is just a flash of the ECU that will up the HP and torque, or will they be selling a handheld tuner where I would have to do it myself and have a couple of tunes to choose from. I'm very new to this whole car modding thing and know very little about it but I'm very interested in the warranty friendly Ford tune. Don't really want to deal with a hand held tuner but if Ford is just gonna flash the ECU that sounds great to me. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Ok so here's my question. Does anyone know (perhaps based on the Focus ST tune) if the tune that Ford is going to offer is just a flash of the ECU that will up the HP and torque, or will they be selling a handheld tuner where I would have to do it myself and have a couple of tunes to choose from. I'm very new to this whole car modding thing and know very little about it but I'm very interested in the warranty friendly Ford tune. Don't really want to deal with a hand held tuner but if Ford is just gonna flash the ECU that sounds great to me. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
http://fordracingpartsbydonwood.com...ovIkaE7MIh3c3CBkhd0EyA-paMFAM3CWGiBoCQxjw_wcB

It'll look something like that.

I suggest you go on ford racing performance part's website and read about the warranty since that's your main concern. It's not "warranty friendly" in the sense that you keep your warranty. You get a new 3/36 powertrain warranty so your regular 5/60 one is gone.

OP
OP
stageron

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2559, Lexus NX300
http://fordracingpartsbydonwood.com...ovIkaE7MIh3c3CBkhd0EyA-paMFAM3CWGiBoCQxjw_wcB

It'll look something like that.

I suggest you go on ford racing performance part's website and read about the warranty since that's your main concern. It's not "warranty friendly" in the sense that you keep your warranty. You get a new 3/36 powertrain warranty so your regular 5/60 one is gone.
So it looks like it's something I have to do myself. 5/60 warranty on the powertrain is replaced by a 3/36 powertrain warranty. I assume the regular 3/36 warranty on the rest of the car is still intact? This works for me because the car in a 3 year lease.
Thanks

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
So it looks like it's something I have to do myself. 5/60 warranty on the powertrain is replaced by a 3/36 powertrain warranty. I assume the regular 3/36 warranty on the rest of the car is still intact? This works for me because the car in a 3 year lease.
Thanks
Its something you could do yourself. But the warranty is only good if the dealer does it. And yeah, the rest of the warranty is still good.

I recommend against modding a leased vehicle, but that's just me...

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
I would never mod a leased vehicle.

Sponsored

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I would never mod a leased vehicle.
Me neither my buddy is leasing a Ford focus st and he is modding it and he is freaking out because he has to go to the dealer for his oil changes and such.

sarcean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang ecoboost
Me neither my buddy is leasing a Ford focus st and he is modding it and he is freaking out because he has to go to the dealer for his oil changes and such.
Just flash it back to stock when you go to the dealer

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
don't modify a lease, just not worth the potential headache.

-Current Ford employee, and former service writer
Sponsored