Sponsored

Rear bumper TSB disaster

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Our dealership got new 18 in and it is tight on drivers side but passenger side has a little gap but not bad. But then again a lot didn't have any gap till sit for months in showroom or after driving awhile.
Sponsored

Eric0w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
I though the bumper gap TSB is supposed to be for the 2017 and earlier models...

REDLINE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Z51 Stingray
Hi guys, I’m new to all this. The gaps you speak of...is this for just the rear bumper or all the body panels? Does just apply to gt350s or is it a “across the board” with all mustangs issue?

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Lots of posts on this do a search and you can find out all about it.

ThreeFiveO

Chassis #1356
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 Track Pack
I'm a gap man myself. With this car I live by the motto of not putting it in harms way any more than I have to. I haven't brought myself to take in in for the oil cooler line recall either.

Sponsored

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Hi guys, I’m new to all this. The gaps you speak of...is this for just the rear bumper or all the body panels? Does just apply to gt350s or is it a “across the board” with all mustangs issue?
GT350 rear bumper is pretty heavy and they can sag.

Some guys fixed it themselves, others let Ford do it.

REDLINE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Z51 Stingray
GT350 rear bumper is pretty heavy and they can sag.

Some guys fixed it themselves, others let Ford do it.
Dang. That’s crazy! I thought it was just the lower fascia/valance that was different than the regular GT. How is it that the gt350 rear bumper is that much heavier than regular mustangs? I’m assuming hidden aero enhancements?

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
I though the bumper gap TSB is supposed to be for the 2017 and earlier models...[/QUOTE

Honestly, a friend of mine has a 2009 KR Shelby and he has the same issue. He said the sides will pop out a little and he will tap it back in place.

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
My right side gap began to open up a bit a few months ago but has not gotten any worse. It’s in one respect good that Ford developed a fix but it is not one I personally could sign off on. No cutting allowed on my car period. If the gap becomes obnoxious I will fix it myself. Really feel for the OP. Not one thing right about what happened to him.

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Damn

Having a black car the gaps are much less noticeable, I'm going to live with mine for now. I agree with others on the perfection of body panels on simple A to B people movers. Don't tell me to go buy one. Shitty quality control shouldn't be acceptable because a vehicle has other nice attributes. My wife has a 2014 Honda Accord and every damn panel gap on that car is perfect, but what a boring car.

Sponsored

MustangGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, LB / White OTT
This is why I won't do TSB's unless they are a safety thing or absolutely necessary, I am always scared that my car will leave in worse shape then it arrived.

Sorry to hear about your problem, talk about frustrating!!

1badttz (socal)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R AG
I had the same issue with my local Ford dealer. I drop off the car last week and picked it up a couple days later. They actually made the rear bumper gap worst. I dropped it off again today and hopefully they get it right this time.

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
We need a TSB VIDEO Ford Should realize their dealers are too dumb to read those instructions and get it right. Just like they did for front spoiler install. Todays workers can't absorb through reading, they need a video. How many KEA projects get screwed up. Americans can't comprehend what they read. Do you ever hear anybody say the book was better than movie. I think if you scanned millennials brains the part that lights up when you read would be dark/black. Reading lights up the brain way more than watch a video. If you don't use it you lose it. Of course if your on this forum you are a reader!

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
We need a TSB VIDEO Ford Should realize their dealers are too dumb to read those instructions and get it right. Just like they did for front spoiler install. Todays workers can't absorb through reading, they need a video. How many KEA projects get screwed up. Americans can't comprehend what they read. Do you ever hear anybody say the book was better than movie. I think if you scanned millennials brains the part that lights up when you read would be dark/black. Reading lights up the brain way more than watch a video. If you don't use it you lose it. Of course if your on this forum you are a reader!
You'd think that would help, but remember they have a splitter install video too..

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Dang. That’s crazy! I thought it was just the lower fascia/valance that was different than the regular GT. How is it that the gt350 rear bumper is that much heavier than regular mustangs? I’m assuming hidden aero enhancements?

Exhaust tips are built in too.

No idea on the weight difference.
Sponsored