Sponsored

Oil change....why can’t I trust the dealer.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
"The reward of a thing well done is to have done it."...Gorbachev's response to trust but verify...

They were talking about oil changes...
Sponsored

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
You know I don't have a problem with Ford service not knowing about torquing filter (if have spin on) and 10 quarts of oil etc. They can't know every single thing about maintenance on every type Ford. But thats exactly why they are able to go look up every single aspect of what ever vehicle they are working on just like GM and all the others can. So you would think that by knowing its a specialty car the service dept. would do that first thing to be sure every thing they were going to do was right. But hell no a lot of them can't get past there ego.

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
I don't think ego. The guy that does the oil changes is not brightest light in the rack. Even if somebody tells them by the time they get there they forgot. Was at burger king counter ordered no ketchup, it took the guy three tries before he could stop himself from squirting ketchup.

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Agree the oil change guy is usually the lowest paid teck and where they have the most turn over. No training. Fills out an application for a job. Question: "can you change oil" Answer "yes" Then he has a job.

uabeng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150; 2017 GT350
You know I don't have a problem with Ford service not knowing about torquing filter (if have spin on) and 10 quarts of oil etc. They can't know every single thing about maintenance on every type Ford. But thats exactly why they are able to go look up every single aspect of what ever vehicle they are working on just like GM and all the others can. So you would think that by knowing its a specialty car the service dept. would do that first thing to be sure every thing they were going to do was right. But hell no a lot of them can't get past there ego.
The Gt350 oil filter has it stamped on there and the torque values.

fl2069st_9c50f173.jpg

Sponsored

1Bad_ShelbyR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt350R
I don't think ego. The guy that does the oil changes is not brightest light in the rack. Even if somebody tells them by the time they get there they forgot. Was at burger king counter ordered no ketchup, it took the guy three tries before he could stop himself from squirting ketchup.
Imagine if that guy worked for Ford....... :D

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Every time something is made "even more idiot proof" mother nature responds by producing a better and more capable idiot.

RoyalCrimsonGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bong
Vehicle(s)
2018 MGT P, 10R80, PP1, MagneRide, ActiveExhaust
Vehicle Showcase
I have 33% oil life left with only 600 miles on the car. I’m sure it’s due to the time....not the mileage. My question is, why can’t it trust the dealers by me to not fuck up my car!? I want to do it myself, but I don’t have a jack....not am I confident to do it myself. So.....I should go to the dealer, but this is my “Ferrari”, so I want it treated as such.

I know it’s not a big deal, but.......
Oh don't even get me started... im still fuming from how dumb the techs at my local dealership have been. i bought my 2018 premium gt in march, and wondered why my oil level was barely touching the dipstick first time i checked. So 3 weeks and 900 miles later before a road trip to vegas, i decided to get my first oil change where they said it's too early and i'd just be wasting my money, but i insisted, makes me sleep better at night ya know :p anyways so they changed my oil and i drove off the lot, got home... glad i checked the dipstick again before hitting the road to vegas that night, lo and behold no oil on the dipstick :wtf: so i called dealership but service dept has already closed for the day and bring it back in the morning they say... uhmmm no, im going to vegas now so i picked up 5gal motorcraft from autozone and guess what, it took 3 quarts to get the full level on my dipstick!

2018 gt oil capacity is 10 quarts. my local dealership must've thought it only needed 8 quarts like the 2015-17's... me having to add 3 quarts still leaves a quart less, now that made me wonder if they had even changed my oil filter?

they now owe me a free oil change after i finally complained with the service manager, i might take on that offer but i'll be doing my own oil changes from now on...

Last edited:

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
you probably got wrong oil too

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
Oh don't even get me started... im still fuming from how dumb the techs at my local dealership have been. i bought my 2018 premium gt in march, and wondered why my oil level was barely touching the dipstick first time i checked. So 3 weeks and 900 miles later before a road trip to vegas, i decided to get my first oil change where they said it's too early and i'd just be wasting my money, but i insisted, makes me sleep better at night ya know :p anyways so they changed my oil and i drove off the lot, got home... glad i checked the dipstick again before hitting the road to vegas that night, lo and behold no oil on the dipstick :wtf: so i called dealership but service dept has already closed for the day and bring it back in the morning they say... uhmmm no, im going to vegas now so i picked up 5gal motorcraft from autozone and guess what, it took 3 quarts to get the full level on my dipstick!

2018 gt oil capacity is 10 quarts. my local dealership must've thought it only needed 8 quarts like the 2015-17's... me having to add 3 quarts still leaves a quart less, now that made me wonder if they had even changed my oil filter?

they now owe me a free oil change after i finally complained with the service manager, i might take on that offer but i'll be doing my own oil changes from now on...
Or find a better dealer...that's ALL of the manufacturers weak point, their dealers being as they are simply franchisee's that are SUPPOSED to conform to the parent's policies but we all know they may or may not (and that's not JUST Ford's problem, they all have that issue"

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Every time something is made "even more idiot proof" mother nature responds by producing a better and more capable idiot.
As an engineer, I have learned that there is nothing "idiot-proof".

The closest you can come is "idiot-resistant".

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Very similar to one of my favorite philosophies:

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
I have had multiple service visits for AC issues. The last time the dealership changed my AC compressor under warranty. A few weeks later the AC compressor about came off the motor. Come to find out that the Tech reused the AC compressor bolts which per Ford are 1 use only then discard. As expected the reused bolts broke and the compressor about fell off the engine, all the belts came off the motor and the car died as I was driving it. The service manager admitted that the Tech didn't read the GT 350 specific service manual for the AC system which says not to reuse the old bolts.

Also each time they remove the splitter they reinstall it incorrectly, a total of 4 times lol. In fact the last time when I went to reinstall the splitter it was missing 4 screws. I went to my local Ace hardware and found screws that worked and fixed it myself.

Needless to say I dont trust them to do an oil change even if I tell them to torque the filter properly.

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shift I know theres a small door for the oil filter and oil is gonna run everywhere. However I think they could have taken a wrag and wiped up the majority of it. They didn't though and when sitting the piece pictured upright overnight there was a huge puddle of oil in the garage. Not to mention all the oil that ran over the exhaust and transmission. I'm not too picky about this stuff but felt like they could have tried a little harder. I cleaned it up when re-installing and wiped all the oil i could underneath. I know it will all burn off but still. Probably doing oil changed myself going forward.[/QUOTE said:
You could have the oil pressure sender leak

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JR101 Kona Blue R Sold 1/21/19 New 2019;Ruby Red Raptor
Did the first oil change on my R today 1203 miles on it, car used only about a 1/4 of quart I consider this very normal. The cartridge filter is much easier and way less messy than the spin on type I had on my 17 non R.

Filled it with 10 qaurts of Amsoil 5/50 and everything is great no leaks no hassles and no worries! A job worth doing yourself if you have the time and knowledge and appropriate tools.

I have never usec Amsoil before always been a mobile 1 fan but after much research it seems Amsoil is superior. On my 17 I only used the motorcraft oil but I feel the viscosity was not stable and thinned out too much.
Sponsored