NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
If you want magneride you might as well go premium package. At least you get leather trimmed cooled and heated seats and a bunch of other goodies. 301a is a rip off for $2k.
Magneride would usually be bought by canyon-carving performance oriented drivers, who would prefer to skip the weight penalty of the heated/cooled/thai lady-boy happy-ending massage seats.
Sponsored

PortalMaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Lexus IS300 AWD
Looks like build and price allows for spoiler delete on a PP, wonder if that is true, but I bet you will never find one on the lot with that option.... I guess Id have to order it...
I'll probably order 1 PP with a spoiler (just for display)... but the majority with spoiler delete. :ninja:

Can't seem to pair the black roof option with GT PP. It automatically selects the black accent package.

Rohammers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP
When can we place orders? I thought it was yesterday 7/24, but none of the dealers I've been to seem to be accepting orders.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
If you want magneride you might as well go premium package. At least you get leather trimmed cooled and heated seats and a bunch of other goodies. 301a is a rip off for $2k.
301A would've made me perfectly happy if it had been available for 15-17. I wanted cloth seats but would really like to have the better sound system and Sync 3. That is a box I'd have checked. It gets me half the $4k of the premium interior I wanted, none of the stuff I didn't care about.

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
i was planning on getting the PP and magneride, but at the new cost, ive have decided to pass. it was only 2500 back in 2015, now 4000, thats a big jump and all i see is different tires, unless im missing something in this. i really wanted magneride since i had it in my gt350, but taking it out and saves 5700. I think ill just get the 401a and all the toys i want loaded up, get the 20 inch rims like i have now, and go with that. mine prices out at 46,770 at x plan pricing in orange fury.

i went to the dealer to put the order in, but i have to go back on thursday. they are going to talk to the top person and see if they can do better for me before ordering, then if the banks are open, they will put it in for me. i cant believe how much the raised some of the prices. i will get the active exhaust on it, the 895 ill do, but not the 5700 for the pp and MR.

Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
$700 CAI/tune + $4000 coilovers will run away from a stock 18 GTPP with Magneride...for less than 1/3rd of the cost.
1/3 the cost? What costs are you talking about? EDIT: Oh you must mean the cost of trading in and upgrading to the '18...

That said, aside from rigidity improvements, the most critically important part of the performance package remains for those who are interested in road courses: huge brakes. That alone *still* makes the package worthwhile for those who are serious about performance. A proper, reputable BBK with installation will run you at least $5K. The LSD/final drive ratio and additional cooling are nice, too, probably regardless of what else you do to your car aside from aggressive drivetrain enhancements.

The price hike sucks (damn you, Ford), but honestly, I think it's still worth it to anyone who plans to track their car.

rdtwtf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Maxima
It's annoying you have to upgrade to 301A to get MagneRide. I guess I would consider the GT Fastback, 301A, A10, PP, MagneRide for $45,280 but would still be disappointed not to have the option for leather seats and 12" LCD gauges. But getting a GT Premium with 401a is another $4400 which isn't worth it :(

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Magneride would usually be bought by canyon-carving performance oriented drivers, who would prefer to skip the weight penalty of the heated/cooled/thai lady-boy massage seats.

lol, I'll take heated/cooled/thai lady-boy massage seats over swamp-ass any day:D

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I bought a 2015, and I could swear the performance package on my car was $2495. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong... May needa dig up my window sticker.
Ah you could be right. My car is a 2017 and my sticker says $2495, but the current 2017 configurator says $2995. Maybe I snuck in before the price bump.

Mustang1348

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
I'm seeing a lot of 2017 Mustang gt premiums in the $31k-$33k range online. That's a lot lower than I had been seeing them.

Sponsored

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2559, Lexus NX300
Ah you could be right. My car is a 2017 and my sticker says $2495, but the current 2017 configurator says $2995. Maybe I snuck in before the price bump.
My 2015 had a PP sticker of $2495.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
1/3 the cost? What costs are you talking about? EDIT: Oh you must mean the cost of trading in and upgrading to the '18...

That said, aside from rigidity improvements, the most critically important part of the performance package remains for those who are interested in road courses: huge brakes. That alone *still* makes the package worthwhile for those who are serious about performance. A proper, reputable BBK with installation will run you at least $5K. The final drive ratio and additional cooling are nice, too, probably regardless of what else you do to your car aside from aggressive drivetrain enhancements.

The price hike sucks (damn you, Ford), but honestly, I think it's still worth it to anyone who plans to track their car.

The brakes and cooling are why i want the performance pack. before i up the power a lot in any of my cars I add a BBK, no reason to go much faster if you cant stop much faster either. and for what it seems like adding the parts, its still a deal, albeit not as great of a deal as before..

still torn on the exhaust though, you brought up a good point, if it sounds like a really nice aftermarket one. (I'm looking at AWE Touring catback) then i could dig it as long as its free flowing enough for a whipple. As i drive back and forth from Vegas to SoCal i looked for a nice mellow exhaust, if i can have the best of both worlds then i guess i can see the active exhaust as an option

tonyd1

US NAVY,US ARMY,USCG-RET
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Ruby Red PP,Automatic

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I bought a 2015, and I could swear the performance package on my car was $2495. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong... May needa dig up my window sticker.
You're correct! Same here, I paid $2495 like you and then it jumped up to $2995 for '16 and/or '17 not sure there.

No reason it should have jumped up another $1k, for $4k it needs to come with Magneride.

Roman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2013 Fusion
Very much now on the fence about the magneride....and even the PP. If the standard 2018 set up is as good as the old PP (I read that in one of these threads), would I even need/notice either the new PP or the magneride for spirited, non-track driving?

Conversely, if I ever wanted to go to the track, I'm sure I'd have just as much fun (as a novice) without the PP or mangeride, right? (I've never been on a track so I really have no idea)

Edited to add: I've never modded a car before and am not handy with a wrench, so I'm trying to get a good compromise now without having to make upgrades later.
Sponsored