Sponsored

Latest update from Ford Performance Tune

Dirty-EB-Chicago

V.I.P Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost (Ingot Silver)
Does anyone in the Chicago area know of any dealers that would sell this? Every dealership I've reached out to is completely clueless. The dealers out here suck I guess.

I found these dealers around Chicago. Typically i go to the ford in Willowbrook because they are great, but they don't have FP apparently. I'm not familiar with any of these dealers though, although i feel like St. Charles might be the place to go. Let us know how the tune is if you follow through.

CHICAGO PARTS AND SOUND
1150 LIVELY BLVD
ELK GROVE VILLAGE, IL 60007
Ph: 630-350-1500

D.S.S. COMPETITION ENGINES
3550 STERN AVE.
ST. CHARLES, IL 60174
Ph: 630-587-1169

ROD BAKER FORD SALES
16101 S LINCOLN HIGHWAY
PLAINFIELD, IL 60586
Ph: 815-439-3400

WINNER'S CIRCLE SPEED AND CUSTOM
207 N. SCOTT
JOLIET, IL 60431
Ph: (815) 727-6331
Sponsored

midnite9150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 GT
I think its pretty funny that Ford cannot seem to put together an ECU Tune (despite promising one since what December 2014?) yet all these aftermarket tuners can get you a revision to your custom tune within hours. I somewhat understand why they cant, liability and such, but watching them try is sorta like watching a group of monkeys try to get frisky with a football.
I would not be surprised if the majority of the delays were due to CARB (california air resource board) certification

gotboost?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow
Link indicates CARB exemption signed July 18th and yet as we approach November, FP Tune still not released (still not sure why press release says now available, but you can only preorder). Would not be surprised if they announce release date 1st Qtr 2017 followed by more lies (I mean delays......)

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
My bet is the delay is due to making the delivery method tamper proof since they are offering warranty. My understanding is the flash will be via laptop rather than a handheld. I think handhelds are typically easier to lock down than software on a laptop. Just a guess though.

Sponsored

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2559, Lexus NX300
E-mailed my dealer, he got back to me almost immediately and said they have an Oct 31st release date for the tune

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
By the time this comes out the 18's will probably be out with a new engine and the tune probably won't work in it. What is the hold up? I am really interested in this.

Dirty-EB-Chicago

V.I.P Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oct 31? Not going to happen.
After hearing that, and having the ford performance rep tell me October 21st just last week im gonna have to agree with Gotboost.

gotboost?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow
I asked Levittown about status of my order, they sent me a PDF attachment from FP stating ETA 10/16/2016. Of course nothing showed up. How FP can put out a press announcement stating kit is now available while at the same time telling customers it's not remains a mystery.

Sponsored

Dirty-EB-Chicago

V.I.P Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I asked Levittown about status of my order, they sent me a PDF attachment from FP stating ETA 10/16/2016. Of course nothing showed up. How FP can put out a press announcement stating kit is now available while at the same time telling customers it's not remains a mystery.
:amen:
Boggles the mind right? its like they have no concern over how much they are turning off their customers. didn't they announce this tune was soon to be released in like December of 2014? its becoming a joke. :frusty:

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
It is a joke considering it voids your warranty anyway so why not just get a custom tune that have been available for a while now ?

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
Voids mine. I already looked into it plus I have 20,000 miles on my car already so even if it didn't I would be paying $600 plus installation for a tune that is under warranty for 16,000 miles. Its just come out too late for guys with a car that has some miles on it.
If you have a new car or low miles it may be worth it. If it ever comes out that is.
Sponsored