Sponsored

Mantic Triple Disk

SJ_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush S2
Has anyone successfully installed a Mantic triple disk in a s550 with MT82? Looking for some input on how the install went and what slave and spacers were used. We had one installed but the clutch would not release. Trying to troubleshoot with Mantic but I’d rather speak to someone that actually installed one in a 2015+
Sponsored

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
What combo do you have that you need a triple disc w/ a mt-82? Just curious.

OP
OP

SJ_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush S2
Got it all together again. Had to remove the supplied spacer from behind the slave cylinder. Geoff from Mantic was very supportive in waking through some of the issues we were having.

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
The Mantic twin disk is rated for more torque than you're gonna make. I ran it with my MT82 and loved it.

Too bad the MT82 is a piece of garbage and doesn't care what your clutch is rated to lol.

Sponsored

OP
OP

SJ_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush S2
The Mantic twin disk is rated for more torque than you're gonna make. I ran it with my MT82 and loved it.

Too bad the MT82 is a piece of garbage and doesn't care what your clutch is rated to lol.
I originally had a Centerforce DYAD that was rated for more as well. One high rpm shift and the ring of weights blew off lol. Mantic gave me a good deal on the triple so I figured I’d try it. If I upgrade to a different trans I’ll just swap out the disks.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

You broke the MT82?

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
I am still in the break in stage with the twin disc cerametallic Mantic. So far so good. Little chatter leaving first gear still trying to get used to it.

Subd for triple disc review

Sponsored

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
That thing is thick. I'm surprised the splines are long enough to support it.

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
Necro'ing this older thread to ask - after some miles and use/abuse - how are your mantic dual and triple disc clutches working?

Any noises ? Engagement issues? Drivability issues? Power holding well/not well?

Trouble shooting why mine became noisy a few hundred miles into break in and looking for the experiences others have had with theirs. Thanks!

Has anyone successfully installed a Mantic triple disk in a s550 with MT82? Looking for some input on how the install went and what slave and spacers were used. We had one installed but the clutch would not release. Trying to troubleshoot with Mantic but I’d rather speak to someone that actually installed one in a 2015+
I am still in the break in stage with the twin disc cerametallic Mantic. So far so good. Little chatter leaving first gear still trying to get used to it.

Subd for triple disc review

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
There's only two options for clutches on 18-19 cars so far - McLeod and Mantic. Exedy isn't currently working on one they said last week. I sent my clutch back to Mantic Monday morning after two separate installations resulted in the same noise and disc/input shaft partial engagement a number of miles into break in. He doesn't see anything wrong with the unit on initial inspection but I'm waiting on his final thoughts hopefully today so I can put my car back together. I'm not sure it's the intermediate plate but I have no way to tell when it's installed - it sounds like vibration through the two friction discs metal areas and I guess that could be a result of the intermediate plate. Hoping stock isn't the best bet - it's twin disc but didn't make any noise for my car.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Necro'ing this older thread to ask - after some miles and use/abuse - how are your mantic dual and triple disc clutches working?

Any noises ? Engagement issues? Drivability issues? Power holding well/not well?

Trouble shooting why mine became noisy a few hundred miles into break in and looking for the experiences others have had with theirs. Thanks!
Mantic dual here.
ZERO noise whatsoever.
However... the clutch does have some shudder on take-off.
Outside of that, no complaints.
Sponsored