Sponsored

Broken Nose for the Mustang (Ice Accident)

Bbrillon998

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 (Ruby Red)
There are some icy roads that not even Bizzack WS-80 tires can help you with and this was one of those situations. Driving home from work less then a mile from home I hit a patch of ice in the left turn lane I began slowing down from about 30mph before getting into the left turn lane. Shortly after i came across what must have been 45-50ft section of ice and failed to slow the car down in time. With almost no turning input in the front wheels and cars to the right of me escaping wasn't an option, i tried turning it into the curb to the left as a last resort but ended up bouncing off and continuing strait. By the time the distance had closed to the stopped car in front the speed was down to 5-7 mph when it reamed the back of that car. The helpless Chevy Cobalt desperately spinning it wheels trying to escape. :doh:

The good news I guess, damage on my car was limited to the front bumper, grille and stow n show licence plate bracket. The damage just missed the passenger headlight, and didn't take out the diode dynamics sequential turn signals i just put in 2 weeks ago.:hail: Also headlights didn't look out of place when I looked at the beam pattern in the garage.

Damage seamed surprisingly limited on the Cobalt which is shocking because I thought those cars were tin cans. Damage was a scratched bumper, popped out license plate light cover, and popped out trunk liner panels (trunk opened and closed fine and no damage to the tail lights). However you never really know how much damage is lurking under the panels until you take it apart. :shrug:

Lucky no one was hurt and both cars seem to be doing fine.

Anyhow, fellow people who have had the front bumper destroyed what sort of damage were shops quoting for repairs ? I still need to wait 9 days before the Geico appraiser can provide the damage estimate.

I've been searching ebay for some ruby red painted front bumpers grilles along with fender clips. So if you see one or know some one selling in good shape let me know !

https://imgur.com/IzP9PGV

https://imgur.com/lprBKkC
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
You can pick up S550 front bumper covers and parts on eBay, LKQ (http://www.lkqcorp.com/en-us/) and car-part.com for far less than any body shop repair... DIY, there’s plenty of threads on here showing the how tos.

Save your rates from getting jacked up if you DIY.

The trick with eBay is key words when searching:
Mustang ruby
Mustang front bumper
Mustang 2015, 2016, 2017
Mustang S550 front

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Drive it like it is,the front end prob looks better than when it was new. LOL:lol: