Yes its true no new Mustang Body style till 2025-2026

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
Well I imagine all the aftermarket folks would be thrilled to have the S550 platform last awhile.
Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Good, my mustang wont look old for awhile then :D

Reactions: 113

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
ugh. i don't know about this. when is the next redesign cycle for the camaro again? what about the replacement for the dodge challenger? i still remember ford rushing the 2010 redesign into production after the 2009 camaro came out and made a big dent in mustang sales... we could be seeing this happen again.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
After watching "A Faster Horse" some time ago I couldn't imagine an all new mustang that soon..Some serious time and money put into this cars development. . If true its good to hear.!

MadCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
The SN95 and New Edge are actually just tweaks of the fox platform. So 79-04 is an awful long time. Don't forget how long the Panther platform ran. In fairness the fox was such a great platform nobody minded. The S550 is good and all but I think most people are looking for some weight reduction which would only come in significant amounts from a new platform.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Good, my mustang wont look old for awhile then :D
True, but it will look like twice as many other cars filling the roads. ;)

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
The SN95 and New Edge are actually just tweaks of the fox platform. So 79-04 is an awful long time. Don't forget how long the Panther platform ran. In fairness the fox was such a great platform nobody minded. The S550 is good and all but I think most people are looking for some weight reduction which would only come in significant amounts from a new platform.
I'd say Aluminum body/roof, maybe a Carbon fiber roof option at some point, replacing some glass with Gorilla glass, more aluminum suspension bits would all drop weight. Remember Ford cut over 450lbs just from changing the materials for the F150 body and frame.

Hasn't the Nissan Z cars had a Alu or C driveshaft since like 2007?

Sure some of those things would make prices creep up, but if done on a scale that ALL mustangs are Aluminum it should only be a marginal increase for a decent weight loss.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
The same people are ordering options that add a ton of weight too.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
But isn't the comparable mopar and chevy just as heavy? ..and what exactly is adding more than say 3300lbs to this mustang?

Sponsored

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Perhaps Ford discovered that an optioned out S650 would have to MSRP for $65k to make it profitable?

As exciting as a new 650 may have been, least we 550 owners get to stay relevant longer. :)

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
"Financial Analyst - Product Development
Ford Motor Company
March 2016 – Present (2 years)Greater Detroit Area
• Perform cost analyses and consolidate financials on electrical parts for CD6 platform vehicles, specifically the 2021 model year global Mustang"

Nice find ^^ :)

Soooooo many rumours......S650 is cancelled.......S650 is still alive.....there will be an all new '21MY Mustang.....there's no all new Mustang until '26MY..... :frusty:

If there is a new S650, or heavily refreshed S550 for the '21MY, I'd imagine we'd see the first prototypes hitting the roads early-ish next year (2019 CY) is it's to go on sale as a '21MY in '20CY. I honestly do not believe the current '18MY car would go unchanged for another 7 years. Whilst I respect the Fox body era chassis ran for a very long time, and even the S197 was stretched out for 9 model years, the Mustang now lives in a very different automotive landscape.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Ford Motor Company
• Perform cost analyses and consolidate financials on electrical parts for CD6 platform vehicles, specifically the 2021 model year global Mustang"

Soooooo many rumours......S650 is cancelled.......S650 is still alive.....there will be an all new '21MY Mustang.....there's no all new Mustang until '26MY..... :frusty:

If there is a new S650, or heavily refreshed S550 for the '21MY, I'd imagine we'd see the first prototypes hitting the roads early-ish next year (2019 CY) is it's to go on sale as a '21MY in '20CY. I honestly do not believe the current '18MY car would go unchanged for another 7 years. Whilst I respect the Fox body era chassis ran for a very long time, and even the S197 was stretched out for 9 model years, the Mustang now lives in a very different automotive landscape.
It'll keep getting updates for a few more years.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Ford Motor Company

Do we know when that update was? She may have put that up before the project was cancelled/changed.
Sponsored