Sponsored

Purchased Orange Fury PP2 (Tremor Pack) last Monday - The first PP2 to be purchased!

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
That's awesome. I too am jealous but this is cool. Following this thread. Congrats man
Sponsored

esco11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
If you don’t mind me asking, were you able to negotiate at all with dealer or did they hold firm on Msrp? I feel like most don’t know what the Hell a PP2 is or that it’s sitting on their lot.
Knowing Town East Ford they probably had ADM and dealer addons mandatory.
Hopefully he got a good deal though.

OP
OP

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT w/ Tremor Package (PP2)
Looks like the mystery is solved. The old preproduction build trick.

I wonder what kind of feedback they are looking to get by piloting it with a soft launch. Sounds like they will hit you up for some feedback periodically. Tell them it needs more power (because that adage will always remain true).

If you don’t mind me asking, were you able to negotiate at all with dealer or did they hold firm on Msrp? I feel like most don’t know what the Hell a PP2 is or that it’s sitting on their lot.

Ps, keep letters from Ford, etc. as that adds to your car’s pedigree as first PP2 sold (metaphorically car 001, as they’re not serialized).

Was able to use discount plans, take eligle rebates (2k currently), etc... they weren’t holding to sticker or asking more.

esco11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Was able to use discount plans, take eligle rebates (2k currently), etc... they weren’t holding to sticker or asking more.
Good to hear! Sounds like you got treated a lot better than I did.
They were playing the usual back and forth games when I was looking into new 2017s.

Sponsored

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
So, how does a dealer get a pre-production Mustang ? Does the dealer buy it at a Ford auction ?

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Congratulations and Welcome to 6G forums. Most sales staff aren't trained "properly" for Mustang's Only 5% of sales volume. My dealership is just now making room for the 2018's as none have arrived in Port Lavaca,Tx. The 2016 has better interior bolsters than a 2015 and I just bought some progressive springs to drop my BMR suspension/Steeda R/T pony. Again congrats and "More Pictures" when the spoilers arrive! Yes keep the Ford paperwork.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
So, how does a dealer get a pre-production Mustang ? Does the dealer buy it at a Ford auction ?
Yeah I wanna know how you were able to get a pre-production car as well. I thought most pre-production cars were kept within Ford. Congrats though, that's awesome!

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Looks beautiful, and with a great color selection. ;)

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
It sounds like these cars got shipped out early by mistake given the wrong spoiler and missing the front splitter. Regardless enjoy the new ride!

Sponsored
OP
OP

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
They were sent to the high volume dealers, the ones that sell the most mustangs.

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
The dealer has another one in black still for sale.

OP
OP

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
The dealer has another one in black still for sale.
Yes they do. They had two total. The only other one I am aware of is Gaplin Ford has a gray one. My dealer said he believes there is a 4th but I didn't quite get the name of that dealership or where they were. At least 3 were sent out to high volume dealers, there may be more hiding among the cars at other dealers.

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
Town East Ford is where I bought my Mustang and F-150. They are typically pretty aggressive on pricing online but like to put add-ons (tint, nitrogen in tires, etc) that they don't disclose until you are there and try to charge too much for them.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Town East Ford is where I bought my Mustang and F-150. They are typically pretty aggressive on pricing online but like to put add-ons (tint, nitrogen in tires, etc) that they don't disclose until you are there and try to charge too much for them.
Ah yes, the ole $200 for some nitrogen BS. My local dealer does the same.
Sponsored