Sponsored

2015 xpipe or hpipe?

Miichaelo912

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang v6, 2017 mustang gt
I have borla stype catback. I would like it a little louder but still not too loud. I thought about an xpipe to have a rasp and deep sounds. But people are telling hpipe with stype sound better for a v6. I wanted to keep my resonators and add an hpipe but now I'm thinking about deleting it. So which pipe would be better? I want a deep and aggressive sound but not too loud. Thanks.
Sponsored

V6junkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 v6 ingot silver
I personally like the xpipe but then again I haven't heard an hpipe in person..... but knowing the change an x pipe made and hearing borla s types I'd think it would sound pretty good

CodeineCowboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 51A Deep impact blue
Is there any drone with an X/H pipe on the borla s types? Ive been considering this as well. I drive 2 hours a day at highway speeds so drone would kill me.

V6junkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 v6 ingot silver
I can't speak for the borlas as I have the roush.... I do have some drone with my setup but minimal and I think it's more exhaust tone and does not bother me or any passengers I've had I would think the borla stingers are a tad more tame then roush so maybe that would kill any or all drone I've been waiting for stingers and x or h pipe so I can decide if I want borlas

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
I have very very little drone with a x. less than the stock resonator lol. and im currently on muffler deletes. the roush barely had any with the x. also, I noticed even less when I went to shorty headers

Sponsored

OP
OP

Miichaelo912

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang v6, 2017 mustang gt
I don't think there will be drone still. I just
Just heard for a v6, Hpipe is better for sound which I prefer. Borla has no drone at all and I've been waiting for a video but seems like no one gets borla oftenm

vnzbd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6
I am very happy with my GT exhaust transplant with an H-pipe. I would say no drone and a much deeper than stock. I would be curious that difference between your system and the Borla Attack. I believe that the Attack is louder. Which component makes the change?

WhyNot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang V6 6-speed
I installed the Hooker blackhearts catback system on friday; it has an H pipe and no mufflers... It lasted a day; Today I installed stock gt mufflers with the hooker headers catback system and it sounds nice and deep with no drone. It is a bit louder than stock but not over powering. Definitely a comfortable setup for a daily driver, if you are looking for a lil more sound, i would recommend it and supposedly It adds an additional 12hp and 15 tq, feels a lil quicker, but couldn't really get on it with all the rain. ( on a side note, I have the axle back portion of the Hooker system for sale if anyone is interested.- msrp is $399, i will let it go for $150 - has less than 5 miles on it, PM if interested)

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
^ could you make a video and post it to the GT exhaust on V6 thread? I'll add it to the compilation on the 1st post.

WhyNot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang V6 6-speed
Im not the most tech savvy person, where can I find info on "how to post videos to thread" I do not mind doing it, just may need a lil guidance, please advise?

Sponsored

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Upload it to YouTube and drop the URL on that thread. That'll be good enough

WhyNot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang V6 6-speed
Will do, just have to wait for all this rain to clear up, Hopefully this weekend.

SBLee29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang V6 w/051a
I have the oem gt catback on my v6 and yesterday I installed borla s type axle backs (gt ones to fit the 2.5 cat back pipe). I wonder if my setup sounds any different from having 2.25 borla axle backs with the stock v6 resonator.

V6junkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 v6 ingot silver
Sblee video please I bet that sounds amazing
Sponsored