Stealth Hitch

Tw00sh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 1965 Mustang Coupe
An electric push bike Yeah I know, but if a contradiction of terms there ...

WD
So you cannot pedal a normal bike?

So confused. I thought riding a bike was good exercise, now even that has become something lazy?
Sponsored

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app

So confused. I thought riding a bike was good exercise, now even that has become something lazy?
Ah, you pedal down hill, but electric up hill. Come on man, everyone knows that you go to the gym to look like you are accomplishing something, not to actually accomplish anything... :)

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
Ah, you pedal down hill, but electric up hill. Come on man, everyone knows that you go to the gym to look like you are accomplishing something, not to actually accomplish anything... :)
My Summer bike rides are planned to occur mostly on level ground, no excessive uphills or downhills wanted/needed. :thumbsup:

Great exercise, mission accomplished!

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
My Summer bike rides are planned to occur mostly on level ground, no excessive uphills or downhills wanted/needed. :thumbsup:

Great exercise, mission accomplished!
I was only kidding, have never used an ebike myself. I would guess that it gives you assist when you need it, for me that would be after the first mile when I started sucking wind, but I am pretty out of shape right now. Looking at the link I would never pay $1500 for one. My current mountain bike cost just over $300 and that was a lot for me.

Wolverine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Oxford White Premium GTPP
Emailed Stealth Hitch because I am also interested in their design.
[MENTION=19933]NightmareMoon[/MENTION] Any chance you have (or could get) some pictures of that custom setup? I’ve wanted to make one that exits the reverse lamp hole also.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SpeedRacerXT

SpeedRacerXT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost

I'm 63. I had a Klein Attitude Comp mountain bike, also a $1500 bike. Getting older my knees aren't what they used to be, and it's harder to ride longer distances without assistance if the need arises. After I got the RadRover e-bike I sold the Klein. The Klein was about 25 lbs, the e-bike is around 60 lbs. The RadRover has 5 PAS (pedal assist) settings, 1-5 with 1 being minimum and 5 being a lot of assist. I pretty much ride in PAS 1 which almost equates to riding the Klein. The difference is if I get worn out or my knee(s) are killing me or there's a huge head wind, I can dial up the PAS and use less effort as required. I like biking so using an e-bike allows me to still ride and still go for long distances. If I was still 30 or 40 I'd buy a good, high quality MTB like the Klein was.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I'm 63. I had a Klein Attitude Comp mountain bike, also a $1500 bike. Getting older my knees aren't what they used to be, and it's harder to ride longer distances without assistance if the need arises. After I got the RadRover e-bike I sold the Klein. The Klein was about 25 lbs, the e-bike is around 60 lbs. The RadRover has 5 PAS (pedal assist) settings, 1-5 with 1 being minimum and 5 being a lot of assist. I pretty much ride in PAS 1 which almost equates to riding the Klein. The difference is if I get worn out or my knee(s) are killing me or there's a huge head wind, I can dial up the PAS and use less effort as required. I like biking so using an e-bike allows me to still ride and still go for long distances. If I was still 30 or 40 I'd buy a good, high quality MTB like the Klein was.
That actually makes a lot of sense. Heck, I am 44 and have enough lower back issues that I cannot run anymore, if I could get some bionic leg and back attachments I would go for it... :)

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
I was only kidding, have never used an ebike myself ...
OK. lol

I'm 63 ...
That actually makes a lot of sense. Heck, I am 44 ...
I'm in between both your ages.

I was limited to 5 mile rides because of bicycle seat issues. So I bought expensive seats that were supposed to alleviate the issue, but they just made it worse.

Was about ready to give up and forget bicycling when as a last resort I tried a $19 double cushioned seat at Walmart.

Worked! I now easily go 10 miles, but stop there so I don't re-injure. I'm good with that. :cool:

MaxHedrm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
Consider it done! I also mentioned the new for 2018 magnaride & dynamic exhaust that might or might not cause interference. :)
I got an email back from the CEO as well. He mentioned they're starting on it Friday (Thanks Wildcatgoal!). In response to my exhaust & MagnaRide questions he asked for some pictures. Alas, I won't have my car for a month or so, so if anyone cars to send them some, that'd be great! :)

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Sent them a message. Now will wait. Hope it's available for kayak season. Need something to support the rear of the 'yak.

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Emailed Stealth Hitch because I am also interested in their design.
[MENTION=19933]NightmareMoon[/MENTION] Any chance you have (or could get) some pictures of that custom setup? I’ve wanted to make one that exits the reverse lamp hole also.
No pics of that reverse light hitch, sorry.

They emailed me back and said they might be getting a Mustang in the shop next week to start looking at, and said they need to figure out the bumper types on our cars. They asked for pics and info on my car.

seems like a go.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Oh and think of an e-bike as more of a light motorcycle or moped. Mine is based on a mountain bike frame and will sustain 25mph for about 20 miles with little to no pedalling. Its got a twist throttle and/or pedal assist, so I only pedal when I want to pretend Im working.

It parks like a bicycle, does all terrain, and you can throw all the paraphernalia at it that you want and it will still get you 10 miles out and 10 miles back without breaking a sweat.

Its no Ducati and im not getting any thinner for riding it instead of a normal bike, but its about as free of an experience as you can have under 30 mph. With a donor bike, kits are sub $1k. Less than a pair of good tires for the Mustang.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I get the e bike thing for the right circumstantces, dad's aging now (76) but still puts the miles in on a 'manual' bike (up to 60 mile rides). When the time comes I would be happy for him to go to an e bike if it allows him to still go out and still keep up with children and grand children etc
[MENTION=33641]SpeedRacerXT[/MENTION] - Nice retro MTB, did you ever use the Retrobike forum ?

I have been lurking on here for a while now but this was my first thread I posted on - interested in a mustang but need to consider my options for bike transportation ...

WD

JKMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
Watched the video on the website, and thats a pretty neat idea. Definitely be interested in this for mine if/when they build it.