Sponsored

anyone else not like the Base Cloth GT seat? and seating position

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Love mine as well. What really makes it feel great is adjusting the front seat cushion up some lifting your thighs to take some strain off the lower back. Cups you like a fighter jet.
I assure you that comfort and ejection seat rarely go hand in hand.
Sponsored

xDUMPWEEDx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP (Base/Oxford White)
I agree that the fully deflated lumbar position is the only usable position available. The fully inflated position is actually quite hilarious how stupid it is.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Mine get dirty easy but love the feel of 'em.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I agree that the fully deflated lumbar position is the only usable position available. The fully inflated position is actually quite hilarious how stupid it is.
Funny, I find the fully inflated position most comfortable. :shrug:

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Funny, I find the fully inflated position most comfortable. :shrug:
That is the problem with blanket statements. The answer to most subjective "which one is better" questions is "it depends".

Sponsored

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Do people like the sitting on the floor feeling? The reason that's thought of as a normal sports car seating position is because a lot of traditional sports cars have really low roofs, so sitting low is required. I used to like that, but as I got older I found I prefer a more upright higher seating position.[/

Alas...as much as I hate to admit it, I think I agree with you. I currently have a 2010 SS and while I love this car, the super low seating position combined with the poor visibility is beginning to take its toll on this aging person. Ironically, one of the things I really liked about my first Camaro years ago was the seating position over the Mustang. I had had many mustangs but I always hated the "barstool" feel of the Mustang. I got in the Camaro and I just felt more a part of it. And while I still appreciate the feel of the Camaro, I can more and more see the value in the approach that Ford took.

Last edited:

xDUMPWEEDx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP (Base/Oxford White)

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
I bet you drive with a reclined seat, and your shoulder are not strait across (elbows down), but instead arched shoulders and elbows out.

Meaning, you do not sit upright, but reclined. As such, the lumbar would be uncomfortable and awkward.

iSpeed27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DiB GT
I bet you drive with a reclined seat, and your shoulder are not strait across (elbows down), but instead arched shoulders and elbows out.

Meaning, you do not sit upright, but reclined. As such, the lumbar would be uncomfortable and awkward.
I prefer an upright position in order to keep my arms down and steer with my forearms, but the lumbar bump forced me into a reclined position. Sitting up straight, the bump dug too far into my lower back. Everyone's different.

Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Honestly they're the best cloth seats I've ever had. The ones in my Silverado were like Velcro, everything stuck to them. I have a German Shepherd that sometimes rides in the car with me. When she rode in the truck I would have to individually pick her hairs out of the seat one by one because they would get stuck in the fabric. It was hell. In the Mustang I can just open the doors and blow everything out with an air compressor. It's heaven.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
You might want to get your back checked out.

e1MUDQb.jpg
Haha, my back is great...never had a problem.

And I do sit quite upright...and I'm 6'2".

I will say though, I do not have cloth seats...but rather leather. I wonder if the lumbar support is not as prominent on the leather seats.

Regardless, with the lumbar fully deflated...I feel the lack of support uncomfortable....especially for an extended period of time. With it fully inflated, I feel like I could drive cross country with no back discomfort.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
I love the base cloth seats in my '17. One of the things that sold me on getting a Mustang after a long test drive. I'm 6'3" 220lbs. This is the first car in a long time, where I can adjust the seat, USE the headrest and still see out of both side mirrors and the rear view without every moving my head off the headrest. Made a recent road trip from VA to AL and back a very pleasant experience.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
My 13 boss had cloth Recaro seats. So when I was looking at a 18 mustang. I decided to get the base GT with the 301 option + PP1. Saved like $2K over the Premium GT. The cloth seats are very supportive for street driving. Used the X plan to lower the doc fee by $500. The dealer was still able to work his discounts in and the rebates. Out the door was $34551 that’s about $7800 off sticker. The cloth seats will also hold you in place better then leather faced seats.
Sponsored