Non ethanol

Spike-S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Spike
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Mustang Fastback2016
Was going to say that I'm the proud owner of a Mustang that's never had a whiff of Ethonal, However, thinking about it most likely had it in the tank when it was driven onto the Ferry to be shipped over here too Aus.:doh:
Sponsored

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Oh wait. Sorry I'm slow today.

California is rubbish, there's nothing good here at all. Especially for motoring enthusiasts.
If you can dodge the potholes without thinking, you are good to go.:thumbsup:

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
21 MACH 1, HP 1064, 20 Ranger XLT & 20 Explorer ST
Guess we should stop sending all that money to other states then.

If you hate California, don't come here!!
What money? That you don't have, are you sending to which states?? That's the hell of it I love your state. I just wonder about your people.
Lee

TruBlu16GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrin
Vehicle(s)
'16 Blue GT Base
Up here in the People's Republic of Canuckistan, we can still get pure Chevron 94. Virtually everything else is watered down.

Anybody old enough to remember Texaco 110 leaded?? Aww man, that stuff smelled so good. Standing on the front seat of the old man's truck as we drove through town....

*sigh*

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
If you can dodge the potholes without thinking, you are good to go.:thumbsup:
California has some wonderful back roads/scenic routes. Just don’t expect much on interstates, CHP galore. Luckily, radar detector setup is easy as All chp run 1 frequency band.

Mines road near Patterson is a exciting road but it’s very narrow, the main portion near Livermore is spot on though. The road to Yosemite is also great unless you’re afraid of heights. Highway 49 is supposedly good too.

Sponsored

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
How many of you run 93 non ethanol? Still some stations around that do this but not many. I could tell a huge diffrence.
The only difference is fuel economy. But that isn't going to be enough to justify the increased cost.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I moved from Venice,Ca. in 1982 and have resided on the coastal bend of Texas now for 10 plus years, a marina here sells non-ethanol, I rarely recall.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
What money? That you don't have, are you sending to which states?? That's the hell of it I love your state. I just wonder about your people.
Lee
The state government having issues has nothing to do with the state's contribution to the fed. Your state and my state are leaches compared to Cali.
http://wallethub.com/edu/states-most-least-dependent-on-the-federal-government/2700/

But we are getting off-topic here. E10 vs E0 is not going to be a performance difference. The only benefit to running E10, is slightly higher fuel economy and as a preventative measure for phase separation in storage.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
I moved from Venice,Ca. in 1982 and have resided on the coastal bend of Texas now for 10 plus years, a marina here sells non-ethanol, I rarely recall.
That's the main place it is sold, as they have the biggest issues with phase separation. But around here, the marinas only sell 89 octane E0. It costs more than 93 oct E10. We used to have a Shell station that sold all octane levels as E0. I made the mistake of going there once, and realized 93 E0 was a dollar more per gallon. Ouch!

Sponsored

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Lol, thats not where it's going. Lets be honest. But we do have nice weather. Thats about it.
I've lived lots of other places and I love it here.

Honestly though, I can like just about anywhere. We do have a LOT of great stuff here though. Definitely more than just the weather.

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Up here in the People's Republic of Canuckistan, we can still get pure Chevron 94. Virtually everything else is watered down.

Anybody old enough to remember Texaco 110 leaded?? Aww man, that stuff smelled so good. Standing on the front seat of the old man's truck as we drove through town....

*sigh*
We have a gas station in town that has 100oct. I THINK it is ethanol free as well. The downside is that it's like $6/gal.

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
California has some wonderful back roads/scenic routes. Just don’t expect much on interstates, CHP galore. Luckily, radar detector setup is easy as All chp run 1 frequency band.

Mines road near Patterson is a exciting road but it’s very narrow, the main portion near Livermore is spot on though. The road to Yosemite is also great unless you’re afraid of heights. Highway 49 is supposedly good too.
Skyline, Woodside road (hwy 84), the road up to Mt Hamilton (forgot the name), there are so many good roads everywhere. The awesome thing is that some of them are "on my way home from work," so I don't even have to make a special trip... although sometimes I do.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
BS. The car targets a stoich for E10. If anything you were running too rich for the fuel you were using.
Sponsored