Sponsored

2018+ GT Performance Package Level 1 Worth $4k?

hawkbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium PP
Do it! Up front its easier to justify the parts into your budget compiled into the monthly payment vs dropping the cash total or on a high interest rate CC for the individual parts - and its all factory....fit, finish, and warranty if you care about those things like I do.

As someone who didn't get a PP in my '15 - I was sad I didn't just for the goodies it came with and the '18 package is even better than it was back then.
Sponsored

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Not to mention resale. Anytime you modify the car yourself you are likely to never get that money back at resale, and you also alienate a number of buyers who won't buy a car that has been modified from OEM. I know the first thought I have when I see a car with lots of aftermarket parts is that the tune was likely changed and the powertrain warranty is likely gone. Many dealers will also ding you at trade in as they don't want modified cars either and will likely not pay you anything extra (and in some cases will give you less).

I have been modyfing cars for many years. It was one thing when the only cars I could afford were used and did not have a warranty. But as I started buying nicer and newer (either barely used or brand new) with a warranty I just don't want to deal with the headaches unless they are minor modfications.

But I get the allure of modyfing to your own tastes, but there are pros and cons to doing that and, IMHO, more cons than just buying a well sorted OEM solution that has a warranty.

Reactions: 113

Intrepid175

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Not to mention resale. Anytime you modify the car yourself you are likely to never get that money back at resale,....
It's likely you never get your money back just buying a new car. If you're expecting that, you're going to be disappointed! ;)

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Nobody buys a car to make money.
Nobody here is talking about collecting cars, so this sh!t has got to stop. Nobody cares what their resale value is after 10 years. To do so, is absurd.

We are not talking Bentleys, we are talking Mustangs. The resale of any Mustang after 10 years won't matter (GT vs 350 vs Bullitt, etc)

GNN60GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1 20 F250 6.7 20 Explorer
What the depreciation on a 2007 Shelby GT500 vs Mustang GT?
Just curious because the Shelby seems to be holding around 30k while the GT is closer to 10k

Sponsored

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
It is definitely a great value for the money. You would not be able to get all of the items for 4k, not to mention that if you get the car for under MSRP then you are actually paying even less. I personally opted for a non-PP1 300A because I was trying to keep the cost as low as possible, but there was no doubt in my mind that PP1 was a great bang for the buck. I think the real argument, like some have already stated, is whether you are planning to buy a lot of aftermarket items that would directly replace the items from the performance package. If this is the case, then I would argue that getting PP1 would be a waste of money, but that still has nothing to do with the fact that it is a great value for the parts that it includes.
In Atlanta it’s easy to get $6500 to $7000 off msrp on all 2018’s in stock. So that brings down the cost of PP1. If I tracked my car I would get the PP2 option. But I don’t track anymore.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have the PP1 with Magneride. I recommend it but a friend of mine just ordered his without either and he plans on doing his own mods at his own pace that are important to him. If you want to have fun adding your own mods and customizing it more (coilovers, etc.), then don't get PP1 or Magneride.

However, if you want a bunch of awesome mods at a great deal that are warrantied, get the PP1 and Magneride then start saving for a supercharger (which is what I'm doing now).

If anyone is ordering now, I'd recommend PP2. I'm disappointed it wasn't an option when I ordered mine but that's life. :eek:/

anyjuan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
No way would my wife let me purchase a new vehicle, then order all the parts to upgrade to a PP equivalent. Purchasing my new Mustang with the PP saved my marriage.

Exactly my thinking. I wasn’t about to buy a car then explain to my wife I wanted $5k work of parts. Now $300 worth of lowering springs is not so bad. I already got that approved lol

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
It wasn't worth it to me. Nothing there I needed. (Except the 3.55 gears, which were much cheaper)

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
It is not the screaming deal it was in 2015 ($2300 then for essentially the same stuff). But it is still worth it if you want a better handling & braking Mustang.

Worth more than about the same money to upgrade to a Premium.

PP2 is similar, but harder to make a value case when the competition offers more for the same money. But if you like the Mustang better, probably still cheaper overall than getting a GT and modding it to be a PP2 equivalent.

Sponsored

90Notch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver GT PP1 A10
I've modified mustangs in the past and knew this one was just going to stay my basically stock, warranty retaining daily driver. It was a no brainer to get the PP1. The car handles and rides awesome. Plus I like the wheels and the Michelins are great, not to mention the Brembos and even little goodies like the interior pieces.

However, if you plan on modifying any/all that stuff then I could see going with the base and building the car to your own liking.

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible Premium Auto W/PP1 NVRMADE
PP1:

The GT Performance Package includes:
• 19" X 9" (F) 19" X 9.5" (R) Ebony Black-painted Aluminum
• 255/40R19 (F) 275/40R19 (R) Summer Only Tires
• Brembo ™ Six-Piston Front Brake Calipers with Larger Rotors
• "Engine Spun" Aluminum Instrument Panel
• Gauge Pack (Oil Pressure and Vacuum)
• Heavy-duty Front Springs
• K-Brace
• Larger Radiator
• Performance Rear Wing (Fastback Only)
• Silver Painted Strut-Tower Brace
• Spoiler Delete (Convertible Only)
• TORSEN® Differential with 3.73 Axle Ratio (Manual)
• TORSEN® Differential with 3.55 Axle Ratio (Automatic)
• Unique Chassis Tuning
• Unique EPAS, ABS and Stability Control Tuning
• Upsized Rear Sway Bar
In 16 and 17 they did not offer a Auto only on the 15 GT LE

Glockshna

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack 1
Going to be 100% honest here, I bought it because of the styling tweaks, and the wheels.
I plan on taking it to the track once in a blue moon, but for me it's mostly a daily driver and road trip cruiser. The wing, front splitter and wheels make the look for me. The gauges inside are also pretty cool looking even if they are rarely going to actually be used by me. I probably could have bought a base, got wheels, added a wing and a front splitter for half the price that PP1 adds to MSRP but that's just a lot of work. I suppose it all depends what you plan to do with the car. If you're already going to heavily personalize it, it's probably not worth it. I don't plan on modifying mine too heavily beyond probably a basic lowering and a second set of shoes for the winter.

If you actually do plan on taking your car to HPDEs often, the other adds from the pp1 may make it more worth it as long as you didn't plan to replace them already.