Sponsored

Seeking The Refined Ride: Eliminating Subframe Bushing Deflection (seeking advice)

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve been greatly enjoying my car on its new suspension setup (Ultralites & proactions), but I am seeking more. The pesky IRS (specifically subframe bushing deflection) is what I believe is causing lite “aftershocks” following bumps—nothing severe at all, but enough for my ride-oriented alarms to trigger and seek resolve. This is a similar issue I ran into with my previous BMW 3-series; a common issue when stiffening the suspension.

My question, and need for advice, arises due to the vast items available to stabilize the Mustang’s IRS...which of the below will help? Which are a waste? And which are overkill for a street driver? I’m leaning towards only replacing the bushings, but I’m open ears:

Energy Suspension Subframe bushings

Steeda IRS Subframe Bushing support system

Steeda IRS Subframe Braces

BMR Bits?

Other?

Your opinion is appreciated, thanks,

Mike
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not sure your assumption about the bushings being the cause of your issue is correct.

Since you're running all Steeda parts there, I'd start by calling them and describing what you're feeling.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve been greatly enjoying my car on its new suspension setup (Ultralites & proactions), but I am seeking more. The pesky IRS (specifically subframe bushing deflection) is what I believe is causing lite “aftershocks” following bumps—nothing severe at all, but enough for my ride-oriented alarms to trigger and seek resolve. This is a similar issue I ran into with my previous BMW 3-series; a common issue when stiffening the suspension.

My question, and need for advice, arises due to the vast items available to stabilize the Mustang’s IRS...which of the below will help? Which are a waste? And which are overkill for a street driver? I’m leaning towards only replacing the bushings, but I’m open ears:

Energy Suspension Subframe bushings

Steeda IRS Subframe Bushing support system

BMR Bits?

Other?

Your opinion is appreciated, thanks,

Mike
Hello Mike,

Send me your contact info & we'll get you squared away with our tech dept.

Best Regards,

TJ

OP
OP
Roadway 5.0

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Mike,

Send me your contact info & we'll get you squared away with our tech dept.

Best Regards,

TJ
Will do, thanks.

I’d like to be clear that my current suspension has no flaws. The “aftershocks” are just extremely light touches of bounce, much like that of the stock suspension, that I’d like to eradicate.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Alignment pins are pretty effective to control the small wiggles you are talking about.

Sponsored

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750

RonStang6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Oxford White Auto
The items listed below will give you the ultimate subframe control with minimal or no increase in NVH

Steeda IRS Subframe Bushing support system with the alignment kit

I would complete the project with our rear billet upper shock mount to improve the ride quality.
https://www.steeda.com/Steeda-S550-Mustang-Stop-The-Hop-Starter-Kit-555-4455

https://www.steeda.com/billet-rear-...le-pro-action-and-koni-rear-shocks-15-17.html
I would add one more Steeda item to this list the Steeda Bump Stop Kit https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-adjustable-bumpstop-kit.html I only installed the rear bump stops in addition to all of the other items above and there was some additional improvement. I would also suggest Steeda Pro-Action Shocks & Struts but that is a much bigger installation job and adds more cost.
Sponsored