Sponsored

Is Tomtop.com Safe?

MustangFrank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Hi All,

I have owned my Mustang since February and have browsed these threads for much longer than that. I have been itching for my first mod and made the plunge on a tomtop stereo unit.

I wanted to ask if anyone else had a sketchy experience with tomtop.com? After placing my order I received an email from them asking for photos of my credit card along with some other info. They also stated that the sooner I reply the sooner my order will be processed.

Has anyone else gone through something like this? From the abundance of tomtop posts on here I figured the website was safe to use. Was I scammed, what do you all think?
Sponsored

Semi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
79 ford f250 7.5l/2015 gt pp ruby red
I have a feeling they're probably an overseas vendor that gets burned a lot. If they were just stealing your credit card info they could do it without a picture.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/TomTop_Wholesale_Center

But I'm with Chameleon, I wouldn't send a picture of my credit card into the interweb.

OP
OP

MustangFrank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Thanks guys I agree. I'd never do anything like that, I was just looking for opinions on the website as a whole. I am worried I won't get my unit and their customer service seems spotty. I appreciate the replies! Anybody else out there ordered directly from the tomtop website?

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Just buy off their eBay page and use PayPal. You don't need to give anybody a picture of anything.

Sponsored

OP
OP

MustangFrank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Lesson learned for next time I guess. I won't send any pics of the card, they have all the info they should need but state they can't process the order until they have pics. In My last response I told them to process my order or refund my money. If neither happens I will look into making a BBB complaint.

Wish me luck! I'll post back with how this works out.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Hi All,

I have owned my Mustang since February and have browsed these threads for much longer than that. I have been itching for my first mod and made the plunge on a tomtop stereo unit.

I wanted to ask if anyone else had a sketchy experience with tomtop.com? After placing my order I received an email from them asking for photos of my credit card along with some other info. They also stated that the sooner I reply the sooner my order will be processed.

Has anyone else gone through something like this? From the abundance of tomtop posts on here I figured the website was safe to use. Was I scammed, what do you all think?
Have never heard of that before, and even when i got stuff from the US and even OZ was never asked this, why on Earth would they need it?
Once they put your details in, if it goes though than the money is transferred, what difference does a picture of your card make?

OP
OP

MustangFrank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Have never heard of that before, and even when i got stuff from the US and even OZ was never asked this, why on Earth would they need it?
Once they put your details in, if it goes though than the money is transferred, what difference does a picture of your card make?
I asked the customer service people the same thing. I'll get back to you with what they say. I think we have a 12 hour time difference so they should get back to me by tonight.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

For all my fellow IT guys in here. Something smells phishy! ;)

Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
They want a photo of your credit card? I would tell them to fuck rightly off.

OP
OP

MustangFrank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
They want a photo of your credit card? I would tell them to fuck rightly off.
I am working on doing that, the hard part is the 12hr time zone difference. They should reply to me around 11pm tonight. They have withdrawn the cash on my card, but refuse to process order until they see pics. I told them to process my order with the info supplied or I'd report them to the BBB. So we'll see!

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
If they already withdrew the cash, then it is already paid for & bought. Verifying your identity now, is pointless.

I would call authorities, for someone holding your property as ransom, & trying to get your ID.

Gman

Gman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic Mustang
I would cancel that CC card ASAP!!!

For any online purchase or paypal, I would use a CC just for that. Easier to follow. That is what I do.
Sponsored