Sponsored

2019 GT500 Mule? Front Gills/Louvers

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
If the car is going to be supercharged it better have cutting edge technology surrounding it. I still say turbo charging is the way to go to set it apart from the crowd. It looks like Ford is highly invested in Turbo charging so still makes the most sense to me.
Sponsored

Satan

Overlord.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13' Boss.
I understand a lot of people want that, but it's not happening. There are multiple people who are very "in the know", tuners that work closely with people who develop stuff along side roush, even simple things like support cobra jet with suspension, these groups of people are all saying the same thing which is 5.2 supercharged.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
May very well be the case. I just know that the ZL1 and Demon have set the bar very high. While I don't want a direct Demon competitor you can't deny that Dodge went for it with that car. Same for Chevy and the ZL1 (1LE). Ford will need to bring its A game to make a splash with the GT500. Will a supercharged version of a Shelby GT350 do it? Not sure/likley. I hope the car is a lot more than that! Time will tell.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
May very well be the case. I just know that the ZL1 and Demon have set the bar very high. While I don't want a direct Demon competitor you can't deny that Dodge went for it with that car. Same for Chevy and the ZL1 (1LE). Ford will need to bring its A game to make a splash with the GT500. Will a supercharged version of a Shelby GT350 do it? Not sure/likley. I hope the car is a lot more than that! Time will tell.
I agree. A SC car may be very good but it may not be that special. It'll basically feel like a duplicate, plus how different is it going to be from a stage 3 roush. It's why I think they might have 2 cars. A direct competitor at 65-70k. Then a real special/unique car at 80-85k.

Sponsored

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
I agree. A SC car may be very good but it may not be that special. It'll basically feel like a duplicate, plus how different is it going to be from a stage 3 roush. It's why I think they might have 2 cars. A direct competitor at 65-70k. Then a real special/unique car at 80-85k.
Hopefully this is why we are seeing the 2 different mules running around. ?
Maybe the GT500/GT500KR. That would be awesome:cheers:

SlowShelby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Grabber Blue GT500

No offense, but I think you are crazy. If you take the best handling mustang, with one of the best driver experiences, and then give it 750+ hp, I am not sure you can say that won't be something special. Seems like the best of everything to me....

I know some want the TT v8 (who wouldn't), and there is a small group that likes the idea of a big NA motor (seems silly to me), but most of us want something fast that handles well and mod friendly with a stout shortblock. A 5.2 with a 2.65l SC and gt350 suspension sound like it hits that ball out of the park.

......mic drop..........

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Crazy would be thinking it is taking Ford this long to apply a supercharger and GT500 badge to a GT350! I'm sure some would be good with that. I figure most are expecting much more after looking at the current and future competition!

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
No offense, but I think you are crazy. If you take the best handling mustang, with one of the best driver experiences, and then give it 750+ hp, I am not sure you can say that won't be something special. Seems like the best of everything to me....

I know some want the TT v8 (who wouldn't), and there is a small group that likes the idea of a big NA motor (seems silly to me), but most of us want something fast that handles well and mod friendly with a stout shortblock. A 5.2 with a 2.65l SC and gt350 suspension sound like it hits that ball out of the park.

......mic drop..........
A big 7l NA engine seems silly? 700HP out of a supercharged car sounds better? Haha no way. No cooling issues, less weight, especially over the nose which is the worse place to put it. No spool time, instant torque, did I mention only 1 cooler for the engine? Thing would be killer... It's the only thing the GT350R is lacking...about 150 HP.
High HP Supercharged cars have been done to death over the last 10 years. I'd like to see something special in the power plant.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
A big 7l NA engine seems silly? 700HP out of a supercharged car sounds better? Haha no way. No cooling issues, less weight, especially over the nose which is the worse place to put it. No spool time, instant torque, did I mention only 1 cooler for the engine? Thing would be killer... It's the only thing the GT350R is lacking...about 150 HP.
High HP Supercharged cars have been done to death over the last 10 years. I'd like to see something special in the power plant.
Glad to know I'm not the only crazy person on the forum!

Sponsored

Satan

Overlord.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13' Boss.
Ford is probably the only American company doing it right. The only thing the high power track cars are good for is dick stretching online and comparing articles saying "look what this car can do" because 95% of the people buying them will NEVER track them and 3% of that remaining part can't drive them to their full potential even at 450whp.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Large displacement NA would (will!!) be the best thing for this car.

It would make gobs of power, be light, instant throttle response, sound amazing.

700hp, 7L, DCT, 3750lbs. I would be first in line, but with a 6sp manual on order.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
A big 7l NA engine seems silly? 700HP out of a supercharged car sounds better? Haha no way. No cooling issues, less weight, especially over the nose which is the worse place to put it. No spool time, instant torque, did I mention only 1 cooler for the engine?
Cooling yes, but for a reference point the current 6.8 Ford engine is 620 lbs and the Coyote is 445lbs. I assume the Voodoo even with a CPC would be under 445lbs.

A whipple 2.9 (just for reference) only adds 60 pounds. Extra cooling cant be close to 120 pounds.

Not necessarily going to make the front any lighter with a 7.0

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Ford is probably the only American company doing it right. The only thing the high power track cars are good for is dick stretching online and comparing articles saying "look what this car can do" because 95% of the people buying them will NEVER track them and 3% of that remaining part can't drive them to their full potential even at 450whp.
While that maybe true there's a demand and people pay for them. I've seen plenty of high horsepower far more expensive cars on tracks. It isn't like the track focused 350R owners are out every weekend either! Its not going to be an all out track car like the 350R but an all around performer, that'll be very track capable.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Cooling yes, but for a reference point the current 6.8 Ford engine is 620 lbs and the Coyote is 445lbs. I assume the Voodoo even with a CPC would be under 445lbs.

A whipple 2.9 (just for reference) only adds 60 pounds. Extra cooling cant be close to 120 pounds.

Not necessarily going to make the front any lighter with a 7.0
I wouldn't see a 7L v8 weighting more than 100 lbs more than a 5.0. The 6.8 is a v10. I'd be surprised to see it more than 550 lbs. My R is 3650 lbs. The 7L would probably come in at 3750. There is no way a supercharged 5.2 is coming in at that weight ...zero chance. They will be lucky to get to 3900 and that's with rear seat / ac and carbon do dads. Add 200 lbs for supercharger and support equipment. It's not gonna be a 60 lb whipple. It's a 2.6L Eaton...probably gonna be 75 lbs plus yes around 120 lbs worth of plenum, coolers out the wazooo...plumping, liquid. The zl1 has, what 10 coolers ?? That isn't light weight.
The way I see it is a supercharged car is going to be 100 lbs or more heavier and right where you don't want the weight. Not only that...suoerchargers are old news. Give me NA..... feels MUCH better. That Ford FR9 EFI V8 engine is crazy good. 900hp. 1/2 the weight, internally of the old 429. That would be fun stuffed into the s550
Sponsored