Sponsored

Does 301A PP2 include Recaro seats?

GTV6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 3.7, 2019 Mustang GT 5.0 PP2
Ordered one 2 month ago, it shows that PP2 come with Recaro Cloth seats. But now the window sticker shows 1500+ more dollars in MSRP for Recaro seats.
Sponsored

Dory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I believe the 301a with PP2 has the option for cloth recaro seats. It looks like you have selected that option.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Ordered one 2 month ago, it shows that PP2 come with Recaro Cloth seats. But now the window sticker shows 1500+ more dollars in MSRP for Recaro seats.
Early orders were included at no cost. Later orders, Ford started charging for them. What does your original order sheet show? Mine shows "NC". I plan to hold them to this. I have copies of actual window stickers showing "No Charge" as well (not mine, it also shows $1,595).

OP
OP

GTV6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe the 301a with PP2 has the option for cloth recaro seats. It looks like you have selected that option.
When I order it, I can choose it or not on ford website, and it did not charge money.

OP
OP

GTV6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early orders were included at no cost. Later orders, Ford started charging for them. What does your original order sheet show? Mine shows "NC". I plan to hold them to this. I have copies of actual window stickers showing "No Charge" as well (not mine, it also shows $1,595).
Thank you. The dealer told me we can go through the price which we discuss before, don't worry about the window sticker. But since the 2019 base can choose safe&smart pack and adding a new REV Matching function, I wondering should I order a 19? I like the ACC and line keeping.

Sponsored

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
I just tried it and when you choose the Recaro cloth it added $1,595 to the 301A with PP2.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I just tried it and when you choose the Recaro cloth it added $1,595 to the 301A with PP2.
My MY18 PP2 was delivered today. I just went through the Recaro issue with them. Here's the scoop.

Yes, when many of us ordered PP2 301A, the cloth Recaros were a no charge upgrade to the standard cloth seats (both were available on the PP2). Leather Recaros on PP2 were always a $1,595 added option. On 3/29/2018, Ford either figured out their error or decided to start charging for the cloth Recaros. Any PP2 301A orders with the cloth Recaros that had been submitted to the factory for production (i.e., the window sticker had been created) before 3/29/2018 were not charged for the Recaros and they show on the sticker as NO CHARGE. This would roughly equate to a blend date circa 4/5/2018 or prior. Any orders invoiced from 3/29/2018 and later were charged for the Recaros, and the $1,595 upcharge appears on the window sticker.

Now, here's the rub. Ford's guaranteed pricing is the lower of pricing less rebates at time of order or pricing less rebates at the time of delivery (pricing as of when the window sticker was generated). It is not the best of both worlds (i.e., lower pricing at time of order or delivery and larger rebate at time of order or delivery). So, you can have the PP2 301A free Recaros if ordered before 3/29/2018, but you also get the rebates as of the order date. Or, you can take the pricing at time of delivery (window sticker) and the rebates at time of delivery. So, in my case, ordered before 3/29/2018, but window sticker created after this date, according to Ford's guaranteed pricing, I can get the free Recaros and the $1,500 rebate in effect at order time, or I can take the actual window sticker pricing and the current $3,000 rebate.

This is very unusual where they decide to start charging for a rather pricey option midway through the order process. Usually, any pricing increases are negligible price increases in the base MSRP or maybe a price increase in an option, but not the entire price of the option.

I have to give kudos to my dealer. I would not have ordered my car with the Recaros had I known at the time they would be a $1,595 option. My dealer agreed with me and doesn't believe Ford handled this very well. They are honoring my original order pricing and giving me the current rebate. They are taking the complete $1,515 hit (invoice price of the Recaros) for this Ford snafu. Hopefully they will be successful in filing a claim with Ford and recover this from Ford. They have earned all of my Ford business for life (I already use them for service). IMO, they went above and beyond what they had to do to take care of a customer.

Going forward, the Recaros will be an addon option, and I believe, at least for 301A, now require the PP2 to even be an option. I'm not sure if PP2 is required to get the leather Recaros or not. What a mess Ford has created, and so far has put it back on the dealers to deal with.

OP
OP

GTV6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My MY18 PP2 was delivered today. I just went through the Recaro issue with them. Here's the scoop.

Yes, when many of us ordered PP2 301A, the cloth Recaros were a no charge upgrade to the standard cloth seats (both were available on the PP2). Leather Recaros on PP2 were always a $1,595 added option. On 3/29/2018, Ford either figured out their error or decided to start charging for the cloth Recaros. Any PP2 301A orders with the cloth Recaros that had been submitted to the factory for production (i.e., the window sticker had been created) before 3/29/2018 were not charged for the Recaros and they show on the sticker as NO CHARGE. This would roughly equate to a blend date circa 4/5/2018 or prior. Any orders invoiced from 3/29/2018 and later were charged for the Recaros, and the $1,595 upcharge appears on the window sticker.

Now, here's the rub. Ford's guaranteed pricing is the lower of pricing less rebates at time of order or pricing less rebates at the time of delivery (pricing as of when the window sticker was generated). It is not the best of both worlds (i.e., lower pricing at time of order or delivery and larger rebate at time of order or delivery). So, you can have the PP2 301A free Recaros if ordered before 3/29/2018, but you also get the rebates as of the order date. Or, you can take the pricing at time of delivery (window sticker) and the rebates at time of delivery. So, in my case, ordered before 3/29/2018, but window sticker created after this date, according to Ford's guaranteed pricing, I can get the free Recaros and the $1,500 rebate in effect at order time, or I can take the actual window sticker pricing and the current $3,000 rebate.

This is very unusual where they decide to start charging for a rather pricey option midway through the order process. Usually, any pricing increases are negligible price increases in the base MSRP or maybe a price increase in an option, but not the entire price of the option.

I have to give kudos to my dealer. I would not have ordered my car with the Recaros had I known at the time they would be a $1,595 option. My dealer agreed with me and doesn't believe Ford handled this very well. They are honoring my original order pricing and giving me the current rebate. They are taking the complete $1,515 hit (invoice price of the Recaros) for this Ford snafu. Hopefully they will be successful in filing a claim with Ford and recover this from Ford. They have earned all of my Ford business for life (I already use them for service). IMO, they went above and beyond what they had to do to take care of a customer.

Going forward, the Recaros will be an addon option, and I believe, at least for 301A, now require the PP2 to even be an option. I'm not sure if PP2 is required to get the leather Recaros or not. What a mess Ford has created, and so far has put it back on the dealers to deal with.
Thank you so much for your information.
It is the time to make a decision that get 19 GT with safe&smart pack, Rev Matching, and 3 more months, Or get 18 GT with Free Recaro seats and save about 1000 dollars right now, when my car is arrive.

Do you think Recaro Cloth seat is much better than standard power seat? The ford website even shows the Recaro Cloth Seat is power seat in their picture(but leather not).

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Thank you so much for your information.
It is the time to make a decision that get 19 GT with safe&smart pack, Rev Matching, and 3 more months, Or get 18 GT with Free Recaro seats and save about 1000 dollars right now, when my car is arrive.

Do you think Recaro Cloth seat is much better than standard power seat? The ford website even shows the Recaro Cloth Seat is power seat in their picture(but leather not).
To be honest, I have not sat in a Mustang cloth Recaro. I drove one with leather Recaros and they were very nice. I just don't like leather. Either too hot or too cold (and I've been in heated and cooled). It's still hot or cold when I get in. I also think you scoot around more on leather than cloth. The Recaros are totally manual seats. The regular Mustang cloth seats are fine. I just like the looks of the Recaros and how they really hold you in place. I'll let you know how I like them tomorrow.

gbgreen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Manual V6 Mustang Coupe
I've seen a number of reviews (magazines, etc.) that say that the Recaros hold you in place somewhat better than the stock cloth seats, but can get uncomfortable after a while (the discomfort is less pronounced the thinner you are).
I have a '16 V6 Coupe with cloth seats (and the upgraded 6-way power adjustable driver's seat with lumbar support from the 051A package). I love the seat I have. I tried sitting in a 2018 with Recaros in a dealer's lot (can't remember whether it was cloth or leather). From sitting in the Recaro for just that short time (~5 min), I could see both how it might hold you better for hard cornering, but be less comfortable the longer you spend in it. If I end up getting a PPL2, it will definitely be with the base seats.
Just my 2 cents.

Oh yeah, and congrats to the Silver Bullitt!:clap2:

Sponsored

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
I loved my recaros 3 yrs ago at my body weight of 190 (height 5'11")...three years later and nearly 50 lbs more(from mobility issues) they are no longer comfortable..They still serve their purpose well but I can really feel em clamp on the ribcage lol..

OP
OP

GTV6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To be honest, I have not sat in a Mustang cloth Recaro. I drove one with leather Recaros and they were very nice. I just don't like leather. Either too hot or too cold (and I've been in heated and cooled). It's still hot or cold when I get in. I also think you scoot around more on leather than cloth. The Recaros are totally manual seats. The regular Mustang cloth seats are fine. I just like the looks of the Recaros and how they really hold you in place. I'll let you know how I like them tomorrow.
vehicle.png

It still shows Power Recaro seats in ford Build website.

OP
OP

GTV6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've seen a number of reviews (magazines, etc.) that say that the Recaros hold you in place somewhat better than the stock cloth seats, but can get uncomfortable after a while (the discomfort is less pronounced the thinner you are).
I have a '16 V6 Coupe with cloth seats (and the upgraded 6-way power adjustable driver's seat with lumbar support from the 051A package). I love the seat I have. I tried sitting in a 2018 with Recaros in a dealer's lot (can't remember whether it was cloth or leather). From sitting in the Recaro for just that short time (~5 min), I could see both how it might hold you better for hard cornering, but be less comfortable the longer you spend in it. If I end up getting a PPL2, it will definitely be with the base seats.
Just my 2 cents.

Oh yeah, and congrats to the Silver Bullitt!:clap2:
I like my 17 v6 seats. Ford do not provide 051A package for 2017... That`s too bad. And they do not let V6 get SYNC3, performance pack , Track handling pack and so more function.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
vehicle.png

It still shows Power Recaro seats in ford Build website.
I will confirm later today, but I'm pretty sure the Recaros (at least the cloth ones) are not power seats. That picture also shows the standard rear seats and I'm pretty sure the rear seats match the front Recaro cloth pattern.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
pssss. The 1LE package includes Recaro's, a HUD, and track ready diff & trans coolers (and a better TREMEC manual transmission).

And it's $1500 cheaper on a 1SS verses a base GT.

Maybe Ford want's to stop making Mustang's too? Like the rest of their car lines.
Sponsored