Sponsored

Pony package rear deck trim-bar emblem?!

tripp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I tried some (lazy) searching on part sites earlier using a Pony Package VIN and couldn't find anything for the panel.

1FA6P8THXJ5121537

That's a VIN for a Ruby Red Eco Premium with the Pony Package.
If this VIN is for one with the Pony Package, part number for the rear panel is JR3Z-6342528-CD. Emblem not available separately.
Sponsored

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L

tripp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
No dealer has it in stock. There's one in the Livonia depot and that's it as far as supply goes at the moment.

Sponsored

OP
OP
foqus

foqus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Volkswagen Beetle, 2018 Mustang GT
I still have the stock V6 trunk panel with Tribar Pony badge from my car- you’re welcome to it and can just paint in the red and blue stripes. That 18 Pony Package trim is clearly the same molded plastic part with some color added on.
Well, huge thanks to Brian_S550: I installed a pony rear decklid today. To replace the 2018, I did have to break off four small tabs from the decklid. Other than that, it fits perfectly, and the camera connection is the same.

The only quandary I have left is whether to paint it red/blue, red/white/blue, or just leave it silver.

~Marco
GT Pony - 1.jpg

Rc18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
6mt-rc-18eb
Vehicle Showcase
Confused

Well, huge thanks to Brian_S550: I installed a pony rear decklid today. To replace the 2018, I did have to break off four small tabs from the decklid. Other than that, it fits perfectly, and the camera connection is the same.

The only quandary I have left is whether to paint it red/blue, red/white/blue, or just leave it silver.

~Marco
Marco is that a 15-17 panel? I don't see the accent line's that the 18/19 model's have:shrug:
If it is why did you have to break the tabs man?

OP
OP
foqus

foqus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Correct...no accent line. I had to break tabs off of this panel because the slots for them are no longer drilled into the trunk lid at the factory. There were two rectangular tabs and two more post-type tabs that had to be removed. There really was no other option...no way that I could have drilled the proper openings into the trunk lid. All in all I am very happy with it. Like I said before, the letters "GT" just aren't that inspiring to me.

Next...onto some manner of stripes...

Rc18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
6mt-rc-18eb
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting

Correct...no accent line. I had to break tabs off of this panel because the slots for them are no longer drilled into the trunk lid at the factory. There were two rectangular tabs and two more post-type tabs that had to be removed. There really was no other option...no way that I could have drilled the proper openings into the trunk lid. All in all I am very happy with it. Like I said before, the letters "GT" just aren't that inspiring to me.

Next...onto some manner of stripes...
So I'm curious. Are you saying the 15-17 panel isn't/wasn't a direct fit on your 18?
Totally agreed on gt being uninspiring. Like the pony on mine. My gt40 style emblem looks way better imo.
Stripes like your avatar pic? That would definitely be unique;)

OP
OP
foqus

foqus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I'm curious. Are you saying the 15-17 panel isn't/wasn't a direct fit on your 18?
Totally agreed on gt being uninspiring. Like the pony on mine. My gt40 style emblem looks way better imo.
Stripes like your avatar pic? That would definitely be unique;)
Sorry...not being clear...yes, this Ecoboost rear decklid from Brian_S550's 2015 V6 Mustang is a perfect fit for the 2018 GT, except that I had to (easily) remove four small tabs from the 2015 decklid prior to installing it because the respective holes for them are not pre-drilled into the 2018 GT trunk.

I am not sure about the stripes...my avatar was my original thought, but we'll see. The only thing I did decide, after a ton of research, was that vinyl will be fine and that I don't have to have them painted on. Paint was going to be very expensive. Vinyl, even great vinyl, not so expensive.

~Marco

Sponsored

Rc18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
6mt-rc-18eb
Vehicle Showcase
Got it

Sorry...not being clear...yes, this Ecoboost rear decklid from Brian_S550's 2015 V6 Mustang is a perfect fit for the 2018 GT, except that I had to (easily) remove four small tabs from the 2015 decklid prior to installing it because the respective holes for them are not pre-drilled into the 2018 GT trunk.

~Marco
Basically the tabs protruded and you had to trim them off then to ensure proper fitment?

OP
OP
foqus

foqus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basically the tabs protruded and you had to trim them off then to ensure proper fitment?
Yep, exactly. And they snapped right off with needle-nosed pliers.

~Marco

D24112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 MT
I'd like to add color to my V6. Subscribed to see what you do...
I thought about tape and maybe paint pens...

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
That looks great, Marco. Good choice on swapping out your GT badge for something more unique. I like the idea of coloring the Tri-Bar stripes behind that Pony.

NoReins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work in Progress
really like the colored Tri-Bar on the 2018 EcoBoost Pony Packages. Really want to pick it up so it would match the GT/CS Grille i want
Sponsored