Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Basically it works well but, not as well as the Love The Drive model for one reason - the deck mesh on LTD blocks air that flows between the driver and passenger seats better. My head stays out of the wind but, there is definitely blow by under and between the seats. I owned a LTD on a prior Mustang it was great except that since I tended to leave the top down all the time after a year on, the mesh turned white and began to disintegrate. I contacted LTD and they sent a replacement for free but, even that started to wear after a year and I traded the car in. I have no problem with this unit except for minor scratches on the acrylic. For me, Wind Restrictor was the better choice.
thanks for your input!.. I may have to purchase one of each to test as I really dislike the draft of air that comes between the seats. I can understand how the LTD works better as it covers the back seat area and blocks off all wind. I just don't like the way it mounts and the fact that you cannot have anyone in the back seats when using it. I have also heard that the straps and clips tend to wear on the plastic surrounding the seats. I guess i would have to just try one. I received my wind restrictor a couple of weeks ago and was going to install it Tues evening, but found out they had shipped the wrong mounting screws so waiting for that to come in...
Sponsored

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Yes, having access to the rear seats is a plus. Also you can lean both fronts seats forward and rear passengers can get in and out. Because it make the air flow up, so does the hair on anyone sitting there - kind of funny to watch! I was working on a pull down screen to fix the problem but SoCal is pretty mild in the winters. Lowest it gets in San Diego is still above freezing and that is only early morning. By afternoon it is usually in the 60's during the winter months. I did not have issues with the mounting straps on my LTD but, I do like having a clear deflector.

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

yessirrom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT Convertible
Looks good! did you get new wheels?
Nope, those are the black accent package wheels. I did put some Michelin rubber on to replace the craptastic Pirelli tires.

Love the warm weather and not having to put the top up.

MaxHedrm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, it is a Wind Restrictor. I got it sent as a blank since the artwork was not finished at the time. They would have etched it for me had I had it. Hope you like:cheers:
Since it's mounted on the seats, how does it behave if the seats aren't even? What about if you have the "easy entrance" enabled?

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Nope, those are the black accent package wheels. I did put some Michelin rubber on to replace the craptastic Pirelli tires.

How are you liking the Michelin's is it the Pilot Sport 4s? Noticeable difference (ride quality/performance/noise) on the convertible?

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Since it's mounted on the seats, how does it behave if the seats aren't even? What about if you have the "easy entrance" enabled?
I have not installed mine, but from what the company told me the seats can be uneven and the unit will just rotate and flex..

Sponsored

yessirrom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How are you liking the Michelin's is it the Pilot Sport 4s? Noticeable difference (ride quality/performance/noise) on the convertible?
I got AS3+ tires. They have been great so far. Good grip and smoother ride. I am still dealing with front end vibration and changed tires early to see if the old tires were the problem. They were not the problem.

Echo4papa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Coupe

Those look like the blacked out version of the wheels that came on mine with the 50th Anniversary Appearance Pack.

yessirrom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those look like the blacked out version of the wheels that came on mine with the 50th Anniversary Appearance Pack.
Yep. Just paint them black and make 'em another package.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
God I love tunnels with the top down

NYC skyline in the background
Hey Wesley.. I experienced that for the first time in my convertible. It was a bonus that I just had my Corsa exhaust installed. It's an experience for sure!!
Sponsored