OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
[ame]

Damn that magnetic on the exterior flyby shots looks way better than mine did stock. Though once I'd finished mine looked as good/better, but I am very impressed with how an MY18 PP mag car looks, really nice. Still needs to be a touch lower though! :D
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow. So much slower than the 15-17. Perhaps Ford are telling porkies?
He took it drag racing:

[ame]

12.44@119mph with a poor 60ft, its much quicker than outgoing car. I was nowhere near those trap speed with a full bolt-on MY15, these MY18's are really hauling ass, no wonder the Camaro/Challenger crowd are having fits of anger. :D

Also when the MY15 and MY18 are parked next to each other in the video, the MY18 looks much better as well, though the 15 does look pretty stock height and body wise.

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking at the stance of the car in the first 60ft he really should have fitted the Magneride.
I think mag ride cars only sit around 10mm lower, so they are still too high for my liking, but at least they do not look they are on stilts like the 15's did, but still need lowering springs and spacers to get the stance where I'd like it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Magneride would have kept the car much flatter by stiffening up the rear and making the front softer as Carl Widmann explained. Thus saving energy normally used to squat the car and using it to push forward.
It will help, but the driver has a far greater impact, hence why LMR got a 12 flat, their car does not have mag ride either. :)

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A lot of praise from autoblog on the new updated manual and mag ride:

Autoblog initial test

https://www.autoblog.com/2017/11/13/2018-ford-mustang-first-drive-review/#slide-7151404

"The real treat is the GT's revised six-speed manual transmission. The previous car's manual was, let's say, never quite loved by those who drove it. Ford heavily revised the MT82, and it's all good news. There's a dual-mass flywheel and twin-disc clutch, which reduces effort and allows the transmission to channel the GT's increased torque. The synchronizers from first through fourth are all upsized, which the transmission desperately needed – shifts are smoother and less balky, and effort is way down. It's not quite wrist-flick easy like a Miata, but "better than before" is a monumental understatement. Rather than the slight balkiness of the old box breaking the spell every shift, you can fully immerse yourself in the GT, focusing only on the road. Complete zen is attainable here."

"While the Camaro is a bit harder-edged dynamically, the '18 Mustang is more charismatic – just like the '15+ cars. I'd argue that the Camaro's advantages are Pyrrhic – and that it's not hard to turn to Ford Performance or aftermarket parts to remove them altogether. The Performance Package and MagneRide go a long way toward erasing the Camaro's advantages, too. And the EcoBoost is certainly more fun than the Camaro 2.0T."

"I've driven the SS 1LE recently, and it's my opinion that the GT Performance Package car with MagneRide and the howling Coyote engine is simply more engaging to use everyday, even if it might lag behind the SS 1LE using a stopwatch. As always, choose the pony car that speaks to you"

Sponsored

Maoilearca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 GT Auto Coupe (Guard). FP PP2
A lot of praise from autoblog on the new updated manual and mag ride:

Autoblog initial test

https://www.autoblog.com/2017/11/13/2018-ford-mustang-first-drive-review/#slide-7151404
Interesting point here about colours and new styling:
'...it's also lost something intangible in the aggressive droop of the nose. I've been mulling it over since Ford pulled the wraps off, and my assertion is that this is a less "versatile" design. It works great in bright, bold colors like Orange Fury or Triple Yellow, but the throwback Royal Crimson looks awfully flat here. From the right angle, and particularly in profile, it's very much still a Mustang. And expect trickle-down Shelby appearance bits and an eventual refresh should sharpen it up some, too.'

Only colour that would tempt me is if a dark green Bullitt appears - but it may be a little underwhelming in the metal (should it come at all - but 2018 is the 50th anniversary)

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
autoexpress article is up too now interestingly it says the uk is getting 443 bhp to the us's 453? which if true stinks of a naff manifold again.

they also list the base gt price os £38.5k which I assume is wrong....

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
autoexpress article is up too now interestingly it says the uk is getting 443 bhp to the us's 453? which if true stinks of a naff manifold again.

If that’s true, it actually says they’ve sorted the manifold out, as 443hp is the same as the LHD Euro mustangs, so this is all in the tune

Also, 460hp is 453bhp.

If we do get 443bhp like the other Euro cars, that’s actually 449hp (only 11 down from US cars)

Last edited:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

I'd take both of those with a pinch of salt as it stands, I don't think the UK stuff is 'set in stone' in terms of ford wanting to release numbers (Both performance and price). :thumbsup:

38k is base price for GT atm... a £500 rise would be one hell of a "good news story" for ford. and "could" swing the potential buyers into buying, but is it a £500 rise.... will have to wait and see :lol::lol: (it isn't)

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
https://jalopnik.com/the-2018-ford-mustang-brings-a-ton-of-power-to-the-peop-1820199334

I do like Jalopnik, and this is an interesting review. It does show off really how poorly the 15/17 cars in the UK were hamstrung with options, but it also speaks very clearly of the differential between "base GT" and optioned cars are going to be, even here.

That side-on shot, with those (I assume 20inch wheels) is lovely. That nose, to me, is still the weak point.

In either case, the GT is up there with the Camaro for once. That has to be a win (as a fan of both, that's a nice change).

Forgot to mention; they recommend the Manual, as being a bit more special. That's in the US though!

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Orange fury should be renamed to "50 shades of Orange" :lol:

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
every review so far has been about the auto being laggy still even in sport mode also interestinly a couple of mentioned it gets seriously confused at slow speeds in normal drive mode.

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Orange fury should be renamed to "50 shades of Orange" :lol:
It is one of the reasons I love the colour so much, the shade changes so much dependent on light, in some lights its more or less yellow and in others it very much looks like a tangerine. :D

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
It is one of the reasons I love the colour so much, the shade changes so much dependent on light, in some lights its more or less yellow and in others it very much looks like a tangerine. :D
so we can mistake Orange for TY this time rather than it's clearly faster coloured brother, race red that [MENTION=8211]stevec[/MENTION] 's car tries so hard to be :lol:

Jokes aside it is a lush colour, look forward to seeing it in the flesh.

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This video shows the problem spot on.

Orange PP mag ride car, it looks sensational right out the gate, not on stilts and the aggressive front-end, just works, an improvement over MY15:
Then the red MY18 just looks pretty aweful! :(

[ame]

The press reviews of the A10 seem mixed, they all say its not well matched to the EB and is more fustrating.

Seems to suit the GT better, but complaints about response, I'd have hoped that Ford / GM considering how new this box is would of managed to catch up with Europeans, looks like I might need to fly out to US and go test drive an A10 before it becomes too late to change or cancel my order.

[ame]

It seems in short the thing that is blowing the press away is the active exhaust and how much improved the chassis is with magneride, even saying its up their with an M4 on chassis, but more fun being a Pony car, praise does not come much better than that.
Sponsored

Last edited: