Sponsored

AU Delivery Checklist

Anchor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Door jambs?
Inside, where the doors are hung at the front and latch at the rear. Around your compliance plates and latches etc. Few defects on some.

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
Hi everyone, I have updated the list by editing my initial post early in this thread, rather than repost it again.

Thank you to everyone for the input. Special thanks to Anchor! It's wonderful to have your most valuable guidance from a Dealer perspective.

I will continue to update in the same manner as input comes in.

How do we create the list as a sticky?

VNE000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Comp. Orange (Delivered Aug 2016)
Hi everyone, I have updated the list by editing my initial post early in this thread, rather than repost it again.

Thank you to everyone for the input. Special thanks to Anchor! It's wonderful to have your most valuable guidance from a Dealer perspective.

Ask [MENTION=19801]2-STANG[/MENTION] :hail:

Sponsored

2-STANG

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mystangmods.com.au
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang

Ask [MENTION=19801]2-STANG[/MENTION] :hail:
Done :thumbsup:
Also added a link to the post on the first post.

Furypony

2016 StangGTVertOxfWhite
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT convertible Oxford white black wheels
Feedback on my new Oxford White GT vert

She drives like a dream.
All the bad reviews on you tube about this car is BS

Regarding to heavy front cheap looking interior headrests great no mirror shaking car handles and no cow shake? Quite robust and no flexing in body.

It does spin the back wheels if u excel legate to much first off but I'm just excited new care so I calm down on that.

There was some paint alignment issues I've picked up ford will fix.

Tyre monitor was working but can't seem to get it working now dealer will look at.

I gave check list 2 weeks before I picked up car to dealer and when I picked up car I took an hour to go over it before I paid and dealer wrote the issue signed and gave me a copy.

It's an awsome car worth the wait.

Erez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Platinum GT Manual
Check rear “GT” or “Mustang Pony” panel alignment. If the black panel isn’t aligned correctly it’s the boot itself that needs to be realigned, not the rear deck panel itself.

The Boot itself needs realignment?! Any pictures on this one?

In the UK there have been issues reported with under-spray haphazardly done, and not in the correct place. It’s not clear whether this is applicable to Australian delivery vehicles, but would require inspection on a hoist. Up to the individual if you want to go as far as to arrange a hoist inspection.

Has anyone encountered this in Australia? Do you guys get the car on a hoist?

Rear Window alignment / not shaking

Do I just try to shake the rear window?

Check the version of the Sat Nav SD card. Comes in Center Console / arm rest SD Card slot

The SD card is already in the slot? How do we know what version is the latest?

Tail light condensation (check post-delivery)

Third brake light – check that it is properly aligned. Some are narrower at one corner. Not an easy fix though. Might have to tolerate a small difference

Is there a thread on these ones?
Thanks heaps for this list Frostee! Can anyone provide some more information on the above items / questions?

Cheers,

Erez

adabedas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dimitris
Vehicle(s)
GT 3Y (delivered 07 Sep. 2016 - 2017 specs)
apologies wrong topic... :(

Unkle Ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Just another thing people should also consider to go along with this list while at the Dealership.

Take your time going over the car, look at each individual panel, panel gap, door jamb, emblem, seat, switch, mirror, look at EVERYTHING on it's own as 1 thing. Don't feel rushed by the sales guy to get the paper work out of the way and don't get caught up in the excitement of wanting to get out of the dealer and drive the car.

Point out every little minor defect and get the sales person to photograph and document everything. Even 1 or 2 weeks after delivery it will be hard to justify it being there from delivery. 1 pin prick in the paint you might say you can live with or not notice but in 5-10 years if the paint starts to fall off it will be hard to prove it was like that at Delivery. You are purchasing a brand new car and it isn't unreasonable to expect it to be PERFECT.

My Mrs did an awesome job of finding several defects in our car she picked up over the weekend. Minor things, scratches/chips/stains in the paint work, bootlid misalignment, stuff that could of easily been overlooked in the excitement of picking up the car.

It's got me wondering how many other car's have been delivered with similar defects that have just gone unnoticed by being caught up in the excitement of picking up the car.

Last edited:

Sponsored

FPV GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TY GT
I have made up an eight page check sheet, that accounts for every section of the exterior and interior, underbody and as to date reported issues..............
I have a bad vibe that the red pen is going to cop a workout when I first view the car:eek:

MC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red GT Fastback, due sometime in October
It's got me wondering how many other car's have been delivered with similar defects that have just gone unnoticed by being caught up in the excitement of picking up the car.
Probably a lot. That's why they do all this 'unveiling' crap these days at dealerships. Classic misdirection.

When did they start doing this by the way? Certainly didn't do it about 10 years ago at Ford dealerships (was there when my did picked up a BA ute).

SteamPlane

Car, beer & whisky nerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White GT Convertible
I have a question regarding the checklist as it is presented: is the wiring loom issue something we still need to check for? Have the latest batch of GT owners found any problems or does it appear to be one of those things that gets sorted in production now?

My thanks in advance.

FPV GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TY GT
I have a question regarding the checklist as it is presented: is the wiring loom issue something we still need to check for? Have the latest batch of GT owners found any problems or does it appear to be one of those things that gets sorted in production now?

My thanks in advance.
I believe it has been addessed.. HOWEVER, still check it!

Unkle Ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Probably a lot. That's why they do all this 'unveiling' crap these days at dealerships. Classic misdirection.

When did they start doing this by the way? Certainly didn't do it about 10 years ago at Ford dealerships (was there when my did picked up a BA ute).
Ranger I bought in May 2014 was just sitting in the showroom uncovered, Ranger I bought September last year had the cover over it and unveiling ceremony with signs everywhere and my name on a TV screen. I found it really embarrassing to be honest as it was also done right beside the waiting area for the service department.
Sponsored