Sponsored

Help "Caliper painting"

AASP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Does anybody know how to paint calipers? Any video tutorials?
Sponsored

OP
OP
AASP

AASP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
If i wanted to see how to paint prius calipers I would of just go to youtube and look for it, but since this is a forum for mustangs in a section of 2015's I wanted to know if someone out there already did this, and how was the process, but thanks for your effort smart ass!!:clap2:

Sponsored

Fox5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP magnetic
Don't paint them while they are on the disc... Have you looked into covers instead ?
Couple of my buddies painted theirs and the brake dust just makes it look black in the end.

OP
OP
AASP

AASP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Everyone is saying that those covers downgrades de car, and that it makes it look really cheap....thats why i'm considering painting them:headbonk:

Don't paint them while they are on the disc... Have you looked into covers instead ?
Couple of my buddies painted theirs and the brake dust just makes it look black in the end.

Fox5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP magnetic
Everyone is saying that those covers downgrades de car, and that it makes it look really cheap....thats why i'm considering painting them:headbonk:
Who said such a thing...
There's a guy running around with bright green calipers and people seem to like his so you should be fine. Unless you go to car meets where guys do 150 point inspections on cars, the public will just think "Oooh big brakes".

Edit- Plus it's a mustang , everything looks nice on it unlike *cough* camaro's *cough*

OG_Innovations

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oginnovations.net
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red gt performance pack
Im going to get mine powdercoated soon. It is a little bit on the expensive side but the paint is tough as nails and has a beautiful clearcoat. The brakes do require to be taken apart (such as seals, gaskets, etc) before painting so they dont melt in the baking process. But the entire process will definitely be worth it and is the highest quality option for painting them imho.
:cheers:

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
Here's what the caliper covers look like on my 2011. They're by MGP and I picked them up through American Muscle. I don't think they degrade the look of the car at all. I don't know if MGP is making any yet for the 2015.
20130513_180617_small.jpg

Sponsored

SloS14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium
If i wanted to see how to paint prius calipers I would of just go to youtube and look for it, but since this is a forum for mustangs in a section of 2015's I wanted to know if someone out there already did this, and how was the process, but thanks for your effort smart ass!!:clap2:
Hold up... I was the only one that actually gave you what you asked for and I'm a smart ass? The method for painting calipers is not car-specific. Also, you lack basic automotive knowledge.

Vader 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 black mustang gt
I just did my calipers and man does it look good!!! I used G2 complete caliper paint system. Just tape a few thing off and brush on. The paint is self leveling so easy a caveman could do it. Had people already come up to me and ask where I went to get them powdercoated. Check out my post.

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
Paint is fine and works great. take your time and clean them well. ive done several and the finish lasts just fine. i used vht caliper paint.
Sorry those covers with the fake rivets are just awful...

Thompyt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic/Red Redline GT PP Premium
Caliper covers also cut down on the brake dust. At least from my experience with my 2010 V6 anyways.

slos14, it was kind of rude. You could simply provide a link to the normal Google.

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
I tried painting them myself on an earlier car. It started to flake and chip within 2 years. Wasn't going to have that happen on my mustang. Got it professionally done. They sprayed it on, 3 coats plus a clear coat plus Brembo labels. Recommend getting it done professionally. Heres a pic.

def0da1707f542e4357762f2ce2e4bf4.jpg
Sponsored