Sponsored

Rear quarter window trim

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
I have a problem with my car in that the rubber trim moulding on the rear quarter windows is lifting on the bottom so the rubber no longer lines up with the door rubber along the top edge of the door panel.

This is probably due to the work that was done by bodge it and scarper Bristol Street body shop, however I fail to understand why both sides have lifted?? Perhaps they damaged the n/s of my car and never told me?? Not unheard of!!

Anyway, following some research I can confirm Ford use double sided tape to hold the rubber down to the body in this area, (Quality)!! , so if this happens to you look up 3M VHG tape. After a clean up and grit/gunge removal it should work a treat? I’ll let you know next week.
Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
one of my rear quarters isn't fitted i took it to the dealer who said it would have to go to the bodyshop as it s a bonded window and surround and they couldn't do it in garage

OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
The window/ rubber assembly is bonded into place with nylon clips to locate everything. If it’s just the bottom edge that’s wrong, they can clean it and stick it down.

If this fails on mine I’ll inject tiger seal into the gap and then tape it down until cured. With Tiver deal on clean surfaces, it ain’t going nowhere!!

Totoro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Have owned a 2019 GT for 2 months and noticed the window trim lifting on the rear quarter. Both sides lifting where it buts up against the door and in the far curved corner. Worried about water getting in. Is this a dealer thing or will 3M tape be OK?
4254EE56-BABE-4208-B144-F194B5BECE52.jpeg
B127BC7F-FCF8-41DA-8938-ACA9F22A66DA.jpeg

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
dealer thing its bonded in get it back on warranty also wtf have you washed that with you've got some mad scratches in that

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
One of mine has been a bit like that for years

Totoro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
dealer thing its bonded in get it back on warranty also wtf have you washed that with you've got some mad scratches in that
Not scratches just streaks. I only wash it by hand. Thanks for the reply. Will get it looked at under warranty.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
One of mine has been a bit like that for years
yeah it took ford 8 months to fix mine .... i've actually got the old one on the floor next to me as they even left it in the boot of my car when they returned it to me.