Sponsored

1st post, looking for a 17MY GT , confused

wack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Shadow Edition Triple Yellow
Thanks for reading

I was considering a used car but as posted on here the 0% finance on PCP makes a new one look very attractive but i'm confused over what I need to ask .

I took a trip out to Evans Halshaw at trafford park last weekend but the offer on my car was laughable so PX won't be happening

I have around 6k as a deposit without a PX which seems to be the going rate at EH but what's confusing me is Sync 3 , whether some cars are MY16 or they're all My17 now and which band the tax will fall in

I'd want a £140 a year car , not fussed about built in nav so if the choice was sync3 or £140 tax i'd take the cheaper tax

prices of the 5.0 cars seem to be from £35,000 to £41,000 but I assume that's open to negotiation

I have my heart set on a Magnetic GT but as I've never owned a new car where colour has been an option i'd be OK with any colour if it was the right deal

so does it need to be unregistered to get the £140 yr 2 tax or pre registered
Sponsored

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
All 17’s will have sync3, as long as list price is below 40k car will be £140 a year, chat to Arron from Sandcliffe Ford, he will give you a good price on a new 17

Pilgrim/uk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
GT Yellow
Not sure what the tax is for this year after april as it changed again lol
but the 140 tax is if the car manufacturers retail price not the price you manage to negotiate so if you want the 140 it has to be the cars retail price from manufacture is under the 40 k limit ( that was after april 2017 not sure if the limit has changed this year )

downthepub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miles
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, VW California
£140 tax is applicable for cars registered after 1st April 2017. Anything newer than that with an invoice price of under £40K will be good to go.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
:welcome:

I would imagine that all the Mustangs for sale on the 0% deal are MY17's. Even if there was a MY16 in the mix, I believe that is sync 3 anyway as standard. All 17's are 100% sync 3 - you can have that with or without sat nav depending on options chosen. For what it's worth, the extra nav+audio package is worth it IMO - probably more so for the audio.

I'm not sure on the answer for the tax, but I'll have a go...as long as the sale price is < £40k and it's registered after April 2017 then you are on the £140 tax - like me :) someone please correct me if that is wrong!

Highly recommend Magnetic as a colour, although it is one of the most popular so bear that in mind. All the colours look great in the flesh to be fair.

Good luck & keep us posted :ford:

Sponsored

Pilgrim/uk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
GT Yellow
Oh and just a word of warning if there is a price change before you car is delivered and the ford retail price goes above 40 the dvla look at the current price and apply that ,
Im having this exact row with the dvla now car manufacture in march and bought on the sep price list of 2016 to april 2017 but a price change by ford on may 2nd and my car being delivered on may reg on may 31 meant the dvla applied the current price which took it marginally over 40 k altho I paid under 40 k for the car lol
the joys of dvla .

Pilgrim/uk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
GT Yellow
Its not the invoice price dvla look at its the the manufacture retail price published by Ford

Heretian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ex GT in TY. Now GT Shadow in RR
Sent you a PM about who I used to get my 17GT (Picking up Friday) but I believe you will struggle to get a Magnetic GT from 17 stock at the moment as it was a popular colour.

All cars built and in stock should have Sync3 now as it was updated end of 2016 or early 2017 I believe.

If you go for a manual 17 GT then you should be fine for tax @ £140 as the only way to get over the threshold is really to add an auto box and convertible. Adding either may keep you under depending on options but adding both with other options is likely to make it a higher tax car.

OP
OP
wack

wack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the replies, it's looking like I've found the right forum, just sold a Maserati 4200 and that had a nice friendly forum

don't suppose anybody knows whether ford employee discount can be applied along with 0% finance, a relative used to work for ford but I did read offer not available with any other discount

I can see I need to make a list of questions :)

Heretian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ex GT in TY. Now GT Shadow in RR
You can always ask about the employee discount. I doubt it however as they are already discounting the 17 cars and the 0% makes them a bargain.

I am paying less per month now for a new Shadow Edition than I did with my original car. I put a deposit on the first car and nothing on the 2nd one and its still cheaper!

Any questions as away and the guys on here do know their stuff!

Sponsored
OP
OP
wack

wack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As the available cars are already built the choice is limited but just looking at them is frying my brain, ideally I'd like them all in a line outside the dealer with a F1 pit crew there to whiz the wheels off so I can see the difference wheel colour makes :D

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
Wack - I bought a MY17 Shadow Black on 0% finance from TrustFord - they seem to have a lot of them! ... and they are up for a deal too!

PM me if you want all the gory details etc

I got a good PX and a discount - PLUS the Shadow Black is loaded with most of the (then available) options - shaker sound system, Sync3 / nav, woofer in the boot - no chrome etc etc

all the best

Bob

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
As the available cars are already built the choice is limited but just looking at them is frying my brain, ideally I'd like them all in a line outside the dealer with a F1 pit crew there to whiz the wheels off so I can see the difference wheel colour makes :D
Plenty of real life pics of all the colours/specs in this section;

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63

If you haven't already found it ;)

tooley

My Little Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
Chatting to Bristol street Ford at the weekend (went to see a 18MY in the flesh - still hate the new hood) it was an Orange Fury fastback auto custom pack (no Magnaride) - but £45 grand!!!

Anyhow - salesman said they had 10 17MYs left (Gloucester but may have been Bristol Street as a whole) and were discounting and offering 0% to shift them.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Chatting to Bristol street Ford at the weekend (went to see a 18MY in the flesh - still hate the new hood) it was an Orange Fury fastback auto custom pack (no Magnaride) - but £45 grand!!!

Anyhow - salesman said they had 10 17MYs left (Gloucester but may have been Bristol Street as a whole) and were discounting and offering 0% to shift them.
A lot of dealers say this; however there's a bunch of them held in the docks over the pond in zeebrugge just waiting for books to move.
Sponsored