marzman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Grabber Blue GT
Hi guys,

I've fitted a couple of mods to my car this weekend...

Firstly, some cheap Chinese louvres... the fit is fine and i'm happy with how they look.

IMG_3623.JPG

IMG_3625.JPG

Next up, i fitted the Anchor Room tail light red vinyl kit, as I don't like the standard clear lights.

IMG_3655.JPG

IMG_3656.JPG

IMG_3658.JPG

IMG_3661.JPG
Sponsored

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
Wait. In Europe, the taillights are clear?

Hell man, I'd of swapped mine with ya!

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Wait. In Europe, the taillights are clear?
Hell man, I'd of swapped mine with ya!
Yup!

By law in pretty much every country outside of the US and Canada, rear turn signals need to be amber to match the rest of the car. So the outer bar is amber and the two inner bars are red. When the lights are simply on they all glow red. Rather than try and show the amber through the red plastic, they just made them clear on the export cars. They're also much brighter according to those who have installed them on their cars on the USA.

The person in this video has added red vinyl over his clear lights, but this is the default behaviour of the export lights.
[ame]

You CAN just install the European lights on a US Mustang by just swapping the connector; you wont get the behaviour, but you'll get the look. This guy does a full swap with unmodified OEM lights he bought from Europe. (8:18 is where he swaps the connector)
[ame]

Sponsored

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
Yup!

By law in pretty much every country outside of the US and Canada, rear turn signals need to be amber to match the rest of the car. So the outer bar is amber and the two inner bars are red. When the lights are simply on they all glow red. Rather than try and show the amber through the red plastic, they just made them clear on the export cars. They're also much brighter according to those who have installed them on their cars on the USA.

The person in this video has added red vinyl over his clear lights, but this is the default behaviour of the export lights.

You CAN just install the European lights on a US Mustang by just swapping the connector; you wont get the behaviour, but you'll get the look. This guy does a full swap with unmodified OEM lights he bought from Europe. (8:18 is where he swaps the connector)

Thanks, never knew they were different over seas. Very nice. Not $1300 nice, but nice! https://ashtonperformance.com/products/2015-2018-mustang-clear-european-rear-taillights

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Changing the subject slightly here, but does anyone know where to get OEM US lights? I know the internals can be swapped for the UK specific internals.

Other than doing a swap with a US owner - as I'd probably like to keep my clear ones.

Asking for a friend :ninja:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Changing the subject slightly here, but does anyone know where to get OEM US lights? I know the internals can be swapped for the UK specific internals.

Other than doing a swap with a US owner - as I'd probably like to keep my clear ones.

Asking for a friend :ninja:
Ford parts USA xD!

JB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback
People with tints - who do you insure your cars with? I had no luck finding an insurer who would let me do it when I first got mine so I gave up, but two years later I still hate the clear lenses.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
People with tints - who do you insure your cars with? I had no luck finding an insurer who would let me do it when I first got mine so I gave up, but two years later I still hate the clear lenses.
What?! Insurance wouldn't cover you with tinted rear lights? I just told them my rear lights were tinted red and they wrote it down, when swapping insurance this year the guy asked me "dont they come with red lights? No... ill note it down, its only aesthetic. Is your indicator still orange? Yes... Okay, it's on there" (It took me a good hour to go through all the mods after emailing him the list)

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I insured mine through A-Plan (broker) and told them I intended tinting. They said no bother and noted it. Not done it yet however...

wack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Shadow Edition Triple Yellow
Bought the tints a few weeks ago, got 1/2 of it done last night then it started getting cool , of course today it's gales and thunderstorms , I much prefer the red tail lights on a yellow car

post-20755-0-17044800-1532718727.jpg

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Bought the tints a few weeks ago, got 1/2 of it done last night then it started getting cool , of course today it's gales and thunderstorms , I much prefer the red tail lights on a yellow car

post-20755-0-17044800-1532718727.jpg
Are these the anchor room ones? If so be careful in the sun because the indicators vanish I'd got pulled for it!

OP
OP
marzman

marzman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Grabber Blue GT
Looking good! Defintely an improvement, i've been delighted with mine.

Know what you mean about the indicators, my wife was following me and said she really struggled to see where i was indicating.
Sponsored