W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
So having had a few "issues" with my brand new Mustang GT triple yellow paintwork

- scrape where some numpty had pulled the wiper arm into the back of the bonnet - down to metal

misaligned boot opening - again scraped down to the metal

and a human hair (eyelash) under the paint on the bonnet surface - unbelievable!!

My car has been with the dealer for 3 days (actually farmed out to a body-shop)

They "think" it might be ready for me tomorrow - maybe! - or maybe sometime next week ...

Heaven only knows if I will see it again soon or what state it will be in

can you tell that I am nervous? :D

I am really hoping for good news tomorrow....:frusty:
Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
hah good luck if they've farmed it to the body shop they usually use it'll come back worse than it went in :)

OP
OP
W111BOB

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
hah good luck if they've farmed it to the body shop they usually use it'll come back worse than it went in :)
Cheers mate! thanks for the confidence boost!! ... you going to the deafschool bash in Donny BTW?

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Hope it’s a proper Ford approved Bodyshop as your paint warranty will be down the toilet if it’s not!

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Cheers mate! thanks for the confidence boost!! ... you going to the deafschool bash in Donny BTW?
hopefully i'll be down at dome this weekend if you're popping down (don't have to bring the car if its still in the shop)

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Hope it’s a proper Ford approved Bodyshop as your paint warranty will be down the toilet if it’s not!
it'll be the best mates brother of the dealerships owner that runs it and they tend to farm it off as the "our own certified bodyshop" its stoneacre what do you expect worst franchise ever.
I'm pretty much under the opinion now that they don't really want to ever sell me a car after the fun the other weekend i had with them.

Heretian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ex GT in TY. Now GT Shadow in RR
Joys of Triple Yellow. I had loads of issues with mine from every minor mark showing, "scratches" under the clear from either factory or light impacts that won't buff out. Its a lovely colour but my next one is Race Red purely for the fact it will be easier to fix if ever needed.

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
Joys of Triple Yellow. I had loads of issues with mine from every minor mark showing, "scratches" under the clear from either factory or light impacts that won't buff out. Its a lovely colour but my next one is Race Red purely for the fact it will be easier to fix if ever needed.
I like the bright colours for the Mustang shame triple yellow has been dropped for the MY19 :)

OP
OP
W111BOB

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
it'll be the best mates brother of the dealerships owner that runs it and they tend to farm it off as the "our own certified bodyshop" its stoneacre what do you expect worst franchise ever.
I'm pretty much under the opinion now that they don't really want to ever sell me a car after the fun the other weekend i had with them.
No - not Stoneacre in this case (I wouldnt go anywhere near them again

- with them not being even slightly interested in selling me a Mustang originally) - but he dealer "further to the north of Yorkshire" has sent it to a body shop

- and they seem to have lost track of it!! :frusty::frusty::frusty:

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
haha i think there's a ford approved bodyshop (big one covered in ford logo's) just behind xscape at castleford its where we had to the the focus when it needed stuff doing to it.

hopefully they find the car again soon though :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
W111BOB

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
mmmmmm - this gets worse! the body shop that they sent it to - cant actually fulfil all of the work that was requested - apparently they told the dealer this- last Tuesday. They just told me this today (Friday)

Now I am expected to wait whilst it is sent to another organisation to get it all done - until next Tuesday!

Are there any lawyers on this forum?
(remember this was a brand new car and paint faults found at point of sale - 3 months ago)

I dont like being messed about and lied to and I think this is bordering on litigation now!

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
i can recommend a good one in bawtry :) they do a lot of my stuff.

personally though i'd ring ford CSC tell them you'll take it to a bodyshop to get fixed and send them the invoice :) there's good one on black bank/carr hill

OP
OP
W111BOB

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This is getting worse each day... now it seems that they are holding my car UNTIL Tuesday... when the work will be done...

.... WHY?

I suspect someone has made a mess of it....

So they had the car from last Tuesday... told me on Friday that it can't be finished until next Tuesday...and now...

It is re booked to the body shop on Tuesday... so why are they holding on to the car between Friday and Tuesday??? Any ideas?

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
bet they've had one of their juniors attempt it and they've probably ballsed it up and left runs all over your bonnet now they need to wait for it to set before they can strip it back off again :)

on the upside you'll probably have paint about 20x thicker than the rest of us. You sure its not gone to stoneacre :)

OP
OP
W111BOB

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
here we go again! - "it'll be ready for 3.30 this afternoon" --- mmm that probably means sometime next week then!
Sponsored