Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Video of clunk please Steve.
at work ill send u it on fb lad
[MENTION=33088]Scooby67[/MENTION] you sound like you may have the same issue of me it's like a thudding sound?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Only time I had that on a car was with none standard wheels the spacer had corroded and partially broken between the hub and wheel casting .
I'll remove and check I didn't leave it in there....

Scooby67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, shadow black.
at work ill send u it on fb lad
[MENTION=33088]Scooby67[/MENTION] you sound like you may have the same issue of me it's like a thudding sound?
The noise does vary slightly, when going over a long stretch of rough road it sounds more like a metallic knocking but when going over speed bumps it's more like a thud. Vary strange and very annoying, you would think it would be easy to spot as you would think something is broken but nothing obvious stands out.

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
Mine does the same, I’ve never really taken the time to find out what it is but it drives me crazy sometimes.
Yeah it's a bit annoying and embarrassing when you've got mates in the car and it's already creaking haha, my brakes squeal terribly too which is equally embarrassing...

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
The noise does vary slightly, when going over a long stretch of rough road it sounds more like a metallic knocking but when going over speed bumps it's more like a thud. Vary strange and very annoying, you would think it would be easy to spot as you would think something is broken but nothing obvious stands out.

You got facebook? Join mustangs unleashed I've posted the video there; or just add me.

Sponsored

Scooby67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, shadow black.
Steve i just watched your video and yours is a fair bit different to mine, mine sounds more like something is loose and sounds more metallic, yours is definitely more of a thud than what mine is.

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Steve i just watched your video and yours is a fair bit different to mine, mine sounds more like something is loose and sounds more metallic, yours is definitely more of a thud than what mine is.
Odd... nobody seems to know what this is, many suggestions but really, it's going to my routes of either bore, steeda bits, or worn bushing.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
one thing to note if you've changed sway bars or majorly lowered the car it can bend the sway bar end links especially the front ones this can lead to the odd clunk mainly the front end link banging against the front end suspension assembly on rear its less pronounced.

manders as for your link take car to nearest mot station and ask them to stick it on the suspension test machine and bounce the rear end around see if it does it when stationary and just energy being put into suspension or see if its the car has to physically be at an angle for it to happen

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
manders as for your link take car to nearest mot station and ask them to stick it on the suspension test machine and bounce the rear end around see if it does it when stationary and just energy being put into suspension or see if its the car has to physically be at an angle for it to happen
Do all MOT stations have this? if so that sounds like a good first port of call.... I somehow feel most just put the local lacy in the boot and jump up and down?

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Do all MOT stations have this? if so that sounds like a good first port of call.... I somehow feel most just put the local lacy in the boot and jump up and down?
i believe they should all have it its usually the same rollers they use for the braking efficiency test almost certainly quickfit should be able to bounce it and i think formula 1 centers have the gear too.

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
Did you put the Steeda rear differential insert bushings on the rear diff ?
If so you are hearing the rear differential every shift .

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
My rear suspension creaks when going up drop kerbs or slightly raised uneven ground, like a multistorey carpark ramp wonder if it's related haha
Mine does the same, I’ve never really taken the time to find out what it is but it drives me crazy sometimes.
Mine too...thought it was just me! Seemed to coincide with fitting Eibach sway bars however it may have been doing it before and I just didn't notice.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Mine too...thought it was just me! Seemed to coincide with fitting Eibach sway bars however it may have been doing it before and I just didn't notice.

have you all got cb005 fitted and/or steeda diff inserts ? in combo the bushes seem to creak put some silicone lube on all of them like proper over dose on the stuff and you'll find it'll go away.

simple test get hose pipe and squirt water all over your rear end if the squeeking stops you need more lube :)

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
have you all got cb005 fitted and/or steeda diff inserts ? in combo the bushes seem to creak put some silicone lube on all of them like proper over dose on the stuff and you'll find it'll go away.

simple test get hose pipe and squirt water all over your rear end if the squeeking stops you need more lube :)
I have the CB005 with the Steeda IRS alignment kit, but not the diff inserts.
Thanks for the hose/lube tip. Will be giving that a go for sure :thumbsup:
Sponsored