Power Pack 2 tune for Aus/UK?

Aubrey

GT4949
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Planning the next one!
Vehicle Showcase
Why won’t the PP2 Procal (supported by Ford in North America only) tune work on an Australian or UK GT? Is there anything different about the export version that makes the Procal tune incompatible?
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Aubrey

Aubrey

GT4949
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Planning the next one!
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks that's what I keep hearing as well! I'm trying to figure out why it won't run on a local car, or will it?

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
The header design is different, our fuel is different, they'd be the two main differences. It's not like a custom tune where you can adjust for that, it's just a generic tune.

I'd also say Ford Australia have no interest in supporting warranty for tuned cars, even if it's a Ford tune.

The aftermarket tuners produce better results anyway

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
Yes Matt is correct. The US GT stock has a fair bit more power than ours due to our headers having to be reduced in diameter to accommodate our RHD configuration.

Using their tune, which would be based on a completely different set of engine airflow data would be sure to be an ugly result.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Aubrey

Aubrey

GT4949
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Planning the next one!
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, that makes a lot of sense. I wonder if the tune could learn the difference?

Chris at Herrod says they now have an AU-specific tune on the Power Pack 2 (CAI and TB version) that they import, ready to go with a US Ford Performance warranty. It's quite a bit more than the US equivalent at A$2k vs US$600 (plus postage).

This seems to be the best bang for buck performance improvement, as modest as it is compared to a supercharger.

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
Yes that sounds reasonable, a bespoke tune is usually around $1000 throw in a quality CAI and a bigger throttle body then no change out of $2000

Be careful on the larger throttle body, 1 it will usually need a special adapter and 2, it only add more grunt at the very end of the rev range and it raises the actual revs your car can make. You need to decide if that’s a good thing.
Also some have found that doing the bigger TB can give you lumpy throttle response when the car is cold and just make it a bit odd feeling
Just some things to discuss with your tuner I guess
Cheers
Phil

lockwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY2019 Bullitt, 2018 BMW M2, 2019 MX5 RFGT
In the 2018 model GT the Aus (339kw) version is only down about 5kw compared to the US version (343kw) the Aus was down about 25kw in the 2017 model

OP
OP
Aubrey

Aubrey

GT4949
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Planning the next one!
Vehicle Showcase
PP2 "should" claw back about 15.6kw based on US data, but maybe less if our headers are constrained.

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
How long does your warranty have left in it?
I’m asking because for that kind of money (or even a lot less) you could produce SIGNIFICANTLY better results with e85. It’s not even a contest.

OP
OP
Aubrey

Aubrey

GT4949
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Planning the next one!
Vehicle Showcase
Burkey, I’m only 6months in with 3k on the clock...so baby steps at this point.
I’ve been intrigued by a flex fuel tune instead of or in conjunction with a CAI. Does it need any new hardware or just the tune (Lund, I assume)?

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Burkey, I’m only 6months in with 3k on the clock...so baby steps at this point.
I’ve been intrigued by a flex fuel tune instead of or in conjunction with a CAI. Does it need any new hardware or just the tune (Lund, I assume)?
Tune only if you’re not swapping out the inlet manifold, despite the ~30% extra fuel required to keep it all stoich and stuff (according to Lund, other tuners may have their own opinions :shrug:)
I run stock injectors with e85/headers/CAI, no dramas whatsoever.

Lund aren’t the only ones who can do flex. Let’s just make that abundantly clear.

If you swap the IM, that’s typically when you’ll be needing to look at upgrading the injectors. Most guys opt for LU47s (Ford Racing 47lb) but a good tuner can dial in ID1050x’s if that’s what you’re heart desires, but you’d probably only be looking at an option like that if you intended to go full-retard one day :thumbsup:

FilipV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW i3
OP
OP
Aubrey

Aubrey

GT4949
Threads
Reaction score