Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
got the car back - at least

Guess what?

They made a mess of it - going back for more work in a week or so! unbelievable!

The worst but - they just dont understand my anger and frustration! "we gave you the use of a Kuga" ...doesnt quite hack it for me!

If any one sees my Mustang - please dont look too closely at it for a week or two!!!!

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
I feel for you. My Grabber Blue had a dented drivers door that I didn’t notice until I’d collected it. They tried to convince me they’d replaced the door even though they just filled it and did a bad job. They then actually fitted a new door but now I keep finding issues over 6 months later.

They had my car for 4 months and it’s not perfect. I’d love to trade her in for a different car but this is the car I ordered and watched through the build/ delivery process. She’s “Mine”.

OP
OP
W111BOB

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
spent 2 hours today trying to remove the water marks / glue (?) and gunk that was all over my "newly painted and showroom clean) Mustang...

The 8 year old who put the stripes on it should be shown how to do it first - and how to clean up afterwards! David - I am taking it to James Broom (Chameleon) to get the stripe mess assessed - do you know him?

Warning to everyone - DONT LET FORD dealers try to fix paintwork - OR attach OTT Stripes - they have absolutely no idea and will send it to any old body shop to do it - BADLY!

Totally annoyed!

Bob

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
guys up on car bank ? never been to them but have heard pretty good things.

if not nick up at clean detail in bentley will be able to proper strip it back and get it shiney again for you and if you need stripes redoing there's auto tintz in the unit next door for vinyl they did my stripes and are pretty good.

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
I’ve just discovered why my window trim is lifting. The Muppets at Bristol Streets bodyshop lifted the trim to mask it and get the paint underneath. Fine, this is perfectly acceptable behaviour.. but. Only if you replace the double sided tape and ensure the paint is clean before you stick it back down!!

They left dust under there then pushed the trim back down on top of it so the glue is now useless!! Also noticed they just shoved the rubber on the b pillar back into place instead of clipping it back into the dovetail holder and slotting it behind the glass. Lucky it doesn’t get left out in the rain... it would be very wet inside now!!

I feel your pain!!

Last edited:

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
I feel for you. My Grabber Blue had a dented drivers door that I didn’t notice until I’d collected it. They tried to convince me they’d replaced the door even though they just filled it and did a bad job. They then actually fitted a new door but now I keep finding issues over 6 months later.

They had my car for 4 months and it’s not perfect. I’d love to trade her in for a different car but this is the car I ordered and watched through the build/ delivery process. She’s “Mine”.
Mine has an iPhone sized shadow in the paint. No one else notices unless I show them. Are Ford having it back to balls it up? Nope. Like you - she's "Mine"; I treat it as an endearing birthmark. :crazy:

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
mine came with a golf ball sized burn mark on the paint managed to strip it back and buff most of it out but its still noticable.

OP
OP
W111BOB

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
to conclude this issue

the paintwork has been corrected - by Ford

The stripes have been re- -re fitted by an independent wrapping company - who are brilliant - I recommend them for any wrapping, stripes or even detailing!

Chameleon Carz in Doncaster is a truly professional outfit - and most importantly - they "care"... http://www.chameleoncarz.com

Just one look at the painted murals of super cars etc in the main workshop is enough to give you confidence

When the work was completed - I got a call and a txt - at 10:00 pm!

Nothing is too much bother for these guys

the diametric opposite to the "care" that out friends at Ford dont give!

Sponsored

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Glad you got it sorted mate it looked lovely on Saturday.

And in future if anyone isn’t happy dealing with the Doncaster branch of Stoneacre then give me a shout, I work at the York branch and am happy to help in any way I can. I’m based in the Bodyshop but can assist with anything Mustang related. Please if you have had a bad experience with Donny don’t think all the branches are the same, York is a totally different kettle of fish with staff that are really into their cars and by the sounds of it are much more helpful.

OP
OP
W111BOB

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ok ... thanks Adam ... york isn't too far for me. But

It was actually TrustFord that were responsible... stoneacre in Doncaster couldn't even be bothered too sell me a Mustang

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Ok ... thanks Adam ... york isn't too far for me. But

It was actually TrustFord that were responsible... stoneacre in Doncaster couldn't even be bothered too sell me a Mustang
every time i go to try to buy something they just ignore me or tell me i can't afford it and would i be interested in a 2nd hand low mileage fiesta!

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Pop over to York and let me change your views of the company ;)

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Pop over to York and let me change your views of the company ;)
why when there's a lookers in sheffield are happy to take my money :) the stoneacre group has lost 100k+ from me due to how they've treated me in donny. lookers benefited so i'm sure they don't mind.
Sponsored