Sponsored

Ever been told to 'refer warranty issue to selling dealer'?

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Recently went to a dealer for a 3k 'peace of mind service' and reported that since purchase I've noticed two shiny marks on the driver's side dash pad (black textured piece that mirrors the other side) that are quite noticeable in sunlight, and attempts to remove them with water and a microfibre cloth haven't yielded any results. Hard to say what's causing them but there's no visible damage or film/foreign material evident and I surely didn't put them there.

On this particular issue I was told by the servicing dealer to go back to the selling dealer, who is interstate (there were about 7k good reasons to not to buy closer to home).

Noting that you can't pick up everything at delivery, has anyone had a similar experience under warranty?
Sponsored

Aj05

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Manual
Marks and damage aren’t warrantable however the selling dealer may cover for goodwill if they agreed that the marks were there at delivery.

There are interior repair guys that can paint over scratches and marks so you wouldn’t know they were ever there. Use some of the 7k saved and you’re still miles in front! :thumbsup:

OP
OP

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Marks and damage aren’t warrantable however the selling dealer may cover for goodwill if they agreed that the marks were there at delivery.

There are interior repair guys that can paint over scratches and marks so you wouldn’t know they were ever there. Use some of the 7k saved and you’re still miles in front! :thumbsup:
That's interesting Aaron, my lack of experience in buying new cars might be the problem in part, I've always been too much of a tightarse to pay the new car premium.

I thought issues within reason ie unlikely to have been caused by the owner due to location and type of issue, or that couldn't reasonably have been seen on delivery (you can only really notice this in direct sunlight) might be considered favourably but I still don't understand the referral - it's either covered or it's not. Unfortunately this doesn't look like it can be repaired as there's no sign of actual damage, it really appears more like contamination of the mould or inconsistency in the vinyl compound.

Kind of hoping the evap grenades soon so if the cost of a new part isn't outrageous I can get them to do it when the dash is out. Actually saw a pearlescent white GT with blue stripes there on Thurs getting it's evap sorted.

Selling dealer has now referred me to Ford Australia to see why the servicing dealer can't help, I said nothing but you can imagine my thoughts :doh:. Good news is that the servicing dealer has agreed to reconsider what might be done so I await their call.

Aj05

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Manual
Inconsistency with the vinyl is more likely to be covered as it’s a fault so you may be covered there. My comments were more about damage, scratches and marks.

Good luck with it!
Sponsored