Sponsored

The GT Spare Wheel /Tyre Solution- "The Gnome Spare"

clive1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT convertible
I bought mine from ponyparts for $715 and the wheel does not stick up so the boot floor is flat. It also came with a jack and wheelbrace and uses the stock wheel nuts.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic Mustang GT
Thank for your quick replies. Another couple of questions if that’s ok?
Tempe Tyres, they include the nuts? Did you buy a falcon jack? Did you buy wheel spanner as not included?
Also to u both, what is the size of the Tyres that were supplied and how tight are they in the spare wheel well.
I was tossing around buying a second hand front wheel and I can get a cheap tyre.
I guess that it would take up a lot of room that way, but at least you could drive a half decent speed.
Found the guy on the phone from Tempe Tyres today next to useless as he didn’t know what the diameter of a wheel was. Kept telling me that the wheel is not as wide. Yes ya dick I know that, but what is the difference in diameter to the wheel to the spare. Just didn’t get it, very frustrating.
Again sorry, just doing my homework.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic Mustang GT
I paid $600 plus $40 postage 14 moths ago so that price is correct. Also, it is a superior quality wheel to the other lightweight ones being flogged at the moment. It sticks up about 10mm but when I put the boot mat down that I bought from fitmycar.com.au it’s not even noticeable. :headbang:
What is the difference between the original mat and the aftermarket?

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
GT Black Fastback (Drake)
Thank for your quick replies. Another couple of questions if that’s ok?
Tempe Tyres, they include the nuts? Did you buy a falcon jack? Did you buy wheel spanner as not included?
Also to u both, what is the size of the Tyres that were supplied and how tight are they in the spare wheel well.
I was tossing around buying a second hand front wheel and I can get a cheap tyre.
I guess that it would take up a lot of room that way, but at least you could drive a half decent speed.
Found the guy on the phone from Tempe Tyres today next to useless as he didn’t know what the diameter of a wheel was. Kept telling me that the wheel is not as wide. Yes ya dick I know that, but what is the difference in diameter to the wheel to the spare. Just didn’t get it, very frustrating.
Again sorry, just doing my homework.
This is a snap shot I took of someone’s post over a year ago. It shows all measurements and is what they will send. The wheel quality is very good and not speed restricted to 80kmh.
D19A109E-7138-4F36-98F8-36EC3826241B.jpeg

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic Mustang GT
Original has the spare wheel cover cut out. The aftermarket is one piece. I will see if I can find a photo and post for you.
That was one of my worries one wheel turning at different speeds. I still not seen anything from Ford to say that these Tyres are acceptable.
But then again stuck in the country in the middle of the night is not real good also.

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
GT Black Fastback (Drake)
That was one of my worries one wheel turning at different speeds. I still not seen anything from Ford to say that these Tyres are acceptable.
But then again stuck in the country in the middle of the night is not real good also.
Gnome tested it... check the early section of this thread. It’s negligable difference and no worse than your cornering where inside wheel turns less than the oitside wheel.

MUS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hi I’m selling my brand new space saver wheel and tyre with genuine mustang jack and brace kit if anyone needs one ? It fits the GT and ecoboost

Sponsored

ruffchance

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Auto, 1942 Harley Davidson,1994 Custom Harley Softail
Herewith a shot of of my "fix" for the "no spare wheel" issue...
(call me " old school " if you will , BUT, gotta have me a a proper spare !!!!!!! )
This is a stock front wheel with a genuine "Ford" jack kit...
Ford quoted $1000 for a front rim, & $400 for the " Pirelli "...
This set up cost me under $270...
Obviously compromises boot space a tad, but if that's not an issue
it's an easy, neat, affordable option
DISCLAIMER : ( no " Zombies" were were adversely affected in the making of this " fix ")
Most would have addressed this problem by now, BUT if any one is interested
in the "how to" let me know ...
DSCN0015.JPG

MUS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Herewith a shot of of my "fix" for the "no spare wheel" issue...
(call me " old school " if you will , BUT, gotta have me a a proper spare !!!!!!! )
This is a stock front wheel with a genuine "Ford" jack kit...
Ford quoted $1000 for a front rim, & $400 for the " Pirelli "...
This set up cost me under $270...
Obviously compromises boot space a tad, but if that's not an issue
it's an easy, neat, affordable option
DISCLAIMER : ( no " Zombies" were were adversely affected in the making of this " fix ")
Most would have addressed this problem by now, BUT if any one is interested
in the "how to" let me know ...
DSCN0015.JPG
I’m interested :)
Sponsored