Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
I am entertaining the TH400 route after grenading my 4th gear at SCT this last weekend.

Anything come up during the install to look out for [MENTION=9610]jayman33[/MENTION] ?

I've heard conflicting stories about how to hook up the speed sensor so the speedo works, any tips?

And finally, gearing. I'm a centri car, probably in the neighborhood of 900whp. I currently have 3.15's and do a bit of everything. I was thinking of keeping the 3.15's or even going to a 3.08 rear gear to try and maintain some top end.

Am I an idiot or should I get a Gforce MT82 and break other parts of the car before revisiting this idea:lol:

Sponsored

OP
OP
jhatley7

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am entertaining the TH400 route after grenading my 4th gear at SCT this last weekend.

Anything come up during the install to look out for [MENTION=9610]jayman33[/MENTION] ?

I've heard conflicting stories about how to hook up the speed sensor so the speedo works, any tips?

And finally, gearing. I'm a centri car, probably in the neighborhood of 900whp. I currently have 3.15's and do a bit of everything. I was thinking of keeping the 3.15's or even going to a 3.08 rear gear to try and maintain some top end.

Am I an idiot or should I get a Gforce MT82 and break other parts of the car before revisiting this idea:lol:
Im not running a OSS. The speedo is off of the abs sensors, lund can tune this.

Im using a 3.0

Depends on if you will end up with an auto. If so, why waste the money on another mt82? When i went tr6060 i did NOT have this build anywhere on my radar.

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
Right on. Called up RC Boggs tonight and had him quote me a trans. I’m looking at the JPC install kit now.

OP
OP
jhatley7

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JPC took awhile to get. 2-3 months lol

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
Kinda why I want a local builder, plus we have a pretty awesome selection of builders locally. A built man rev VB 400 with good guts and race prep runs about 1800 with the ultrabell.

OP
OP
jhatley7

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A few goodies came in today.

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

New trailer, last one grew legs and ran away. So this one will be staying inside the shop!!

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

Sponsored

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
That trailer is PIMP. But you must be skinny with no door on the driver's side to get out...or gonna winch it in? I sold my enclosed last year because couldn't get in/out of the Mustang. Need one of those ATC trailers that the whole side swings up.

OP
OP
jhatley7

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That trailer is PIMP. But you must be skinny with no door on the driver's side to get out...or gonna winch it in? I sold my enclosed last year because couldn't get in/out of the Mustang. Need one of those ATC trailers that the whole side swings up.
Defiantly gonna winch it in and out. I’m over climbing out the window. Lol

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP
And it just keeps getting better!!:hail:

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Install is pretty easy on the trans, you need to "massage" the tunnel for it to fit though but not terrible. Transbrake comes with the kit, as for the hiccups, we removed the entire EVAP system to include the canister in the back to mount the trans cooler, the Armageddon kit doesnt really allow for anything else up front so expect to pay about 2-400 extra in lines and fittings to get the cooler to work properly.

Overall the install has been easy, the pain has been waiting on parts. I know Josh has been extremely patient and I'll say it, it honestly took a year for us to actually receive all the correct parts for his turbo kit, which is unsat but he's not the only one, there's another customer in TX that hasnt received everything either. Pretty crazy considering how expensive this kit is. So timing has been the biggest pain, hard to order parts like fuel, CO2 tanks and tune if it takes 4 more months for something to come in and next you know the crap like fuel and CO2 is either bad or no longer useful.

His car is going to be badass, its hard to fathom its going to be a tame street car when he wants it to be and with a switch of a knob, he can go crazy. Cage is mint, if anyone is going to get a 10pt or anything of that nature, I truly recommend David at Tig, the dude is a magician and very meticulous in what he does.

The car should be on the rollers next week (unless something crazy happens). I'll let Josh post the vids that I send him and numbers if he wants.
Sponsored