Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Just figured I would share some info on these Vertical Links from Australia.

Super Pro and BMR Suspension have been working together for several years now, and we are their primary and largest US Based stocking distributor. We use them for a few of our bushings in our components, and are very impressed with their product designs and engineering.

Having two S550 Mustangs of my own, gives me the chance to experiment. Naturally, my 2015 is 100% full BMR and I feel that our products are the best product available. From a performance stand point, that is not debatable and is proven. That said, not everyone is the same and there are multiple ways to meet goals. On my 2016 PP GT, I want to test many different products....from BMR or our partners. This helps me educate and assist my customer base as effectively as possible.

One of the reasons I am interested in this specific product is because we have found Poly to not be the best solution on the pivot points of the Vertical Links....however, Super Pro has some of the best bushing technology in the world. I am going to absolutely thrash these units to see how they hold up to 100 miles of daily driving, drag racing on slicks launching at 6500 RPM and road coursing the car.

Super Pro uses their own Poly (elastomer) bushing design, and I tested these at 80 Durometer. I am told these are a "grease once and never again" design...using a high quality grease provided by them. These pieces are build of high quality 6061-T6 billet aluminum and coated nicely with their signature blue color. The upper and lower inner sleeves are aluminum, instead of steel like ours and others out there.

I am making this thread to show them...as well as provide any information both now and long term. If these and some other products of theirs that I am testing, meet and/or exceed my standards...we should be offering them to the consumer.

Thanks for looking! :cheers:
Aus parts.jpg
Super Pro Poly Vert Links.jpg
Super Pro Links 1.jpg
Super Pro Links 2.jpg
80 durom.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Info that I forgot to share is, these bushings are bonded/fused to the sleeves that press into the links...but the center inner sleeves are a free floating design.

So, when installed these, like other links, do not need to be loaded when torqued to spec.

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Other IRS mods at this time are the CB005 Lockout Kit, and our UTCA057 Camber Links (poly)...and the car feels absolutely awesome with no NVH ;)

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Very Very impressive. I have tried some of the competitions parts and ended up replacing them with BMR parts. I am a witness to the superior parts that BMR makes for us. If you want a 1st place medal get with BMR. :D

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Great work Kelly. As an Aussie, I'm kind of hoping they meet or exceed expectations.

Sponsored

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Sub'd. Good to hear such high praise for a local Aussie company!

Built4Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium White
SUBBED

I still n̶e̶e̶d̶ want to replace my stock vertical links.

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Kelly, thanks for posting this! I took a look at their website and see a lot of bushing products for the S550 that I'm curious about. I autocross my car in the SCCA Street Touring Pony (STP) class and am hamstrung by the rules from using many of the parts BMR and others have developed to get rid of the soft rubber bushings in the rear IRS.

Super Pro has many bushings on their website for the IRS that might work with the rules I'm stuck with, so wondering if you can get those for us?

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Car seems to pull right under heavy acceleration.

Hmmm. Going to look into this. Only change has been these. Wondering if the 80 durometer is too soft or if there is simply too much poly in the mount.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Kelly, is there any particular reason why someone would want poly over spherical?
All of the sphericals I've installed have been great. No NVH gain, rock solid performance.
Am I missing something?

Sponsored
OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Kelly, is there any particular reason why someone would want poly over spherical?
All of the sphericals I've installed have been great. No NVH gain, rock solid performance.
Am I missing something?
Not in my personal and honest opinion.

I believe the bearing design we offer is the absolute best option available.

The rear I am using these is to test them...and also make them available to the consumer if they work, as I have no plans to offer a BMR Branded Poly Bushed Vertical Link. :thumbsup:

Firepath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
Nothing special yet
Car seems to pull right under heavy acceleration.

Hmmm. Going to look into this. Only change has been these. Wondering if the 80 durometer is too soft or if there is simply too much poly in the mount.
Sorry if I missed it, and being in the suspension biz, I imagine you're all over it, but did you align it after installing? Even if you only changed parts that SHOULDN'T affect geometry, I see changing suspension bits like reloading. If you change a component, you need to start from the bottom and work up the load to dial it in (get an alignment).

As an Aussie I too am interested in how this goes. It is also interesting that I seem to see these developments from Australian companies (Pedders, Super Pro, DBA) overseas before we see anything here. I guess there is no substantial market here for Mustang stuff, but still.

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
I always check my alignments after I touch the suspension.

The alignment didn't change a significant amount.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.