Sponsored

PedalMax issue - Dead accelerator pedal!!!

tomnelsonii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GTPP
Hi Guys,

I just installed a brand new PedalMax in my 3 week old Mustang last night. It seemed to be working fine, but tonight when I left work, the accelerator pedal was dead. The car started and I had the clutch out and the car moving, but when I hit the gas there was nothing. The motor didn't rev at all. I shut the car off and waited a few seconds. After restarting the car, the accelerator pedal was working again. I am not sure if it's in my head but it seemed like the accelerator was slightly erratic on the way home, but that may have been in my head. At this point, I am bummed because now I don't trust this thing. Have any of you experienced anything similar and did you track down the issue? Thanks in advance for any help or advice!!!

--Tom
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
No problem for a few months and a few thousand miles.

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
^ This. I would check the connection and see what color indicator light is showing -though there's really only one way to connect it.
Probably best to contact PM and see if they can offer any suggestions, if you can't get it sorted they'll likely
replace it if it's a bum unit.

OP
OP

tomnelsonii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GTPP
I followed the directions exactly. I disconnected the negative terminal, used the dielectric grease, etc, etc. I had plans last night so I didn't have time to mess with it, but will check all the connectors and disconnect the battery for an hour to "reset" the computer. Thanks for the advice guys!

Also wondering where you guys mounted the PedalMax "box" itself? The directions just said to attach it. Thanks!

EDIT: Also, as the instructions stated, I did check that the status light was green before driving the car. I was caught off guard and in the work parking lot but wish I had thought to check the status lights yesterday when the car acted up.

Last edited:

Sponsored

SVT Wylde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randall
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
That sounds like a safety issue to me. What happens when you're in traffic crossing an intersection and the pedal decides to go dead? I wonder if there is a fail safe to keep the device from having a malfunction and going WOT?

Return it and request a new unit

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Anyone who wants better throttle response should just get a tune..... End thread.
No truer words. I learned a long time ago, that any sort of piggy-back module can leave you dead on the road until you remove it.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Have been running pedalmax with the knob for over a year now and no problems.

I still do have that concern though, if one day what if the pedalmax goes bad and i loose the throttle. I have a manual so i can still move the car on first and second gears without the throttle and just using friction zone clutch control. Auto's should also move foward slowly with the gear in drive. So moving out of the way is no problem.

After you find a safe spot you are going to disconnect the pedalmax and connect the oem plug. Thats all i can think off.

OP
OP

tomnelsonii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GTPP
Well, I disconnected the battery and unplugged and then re-connected both the connectors so we'll see if it happens again. I spoke to a gentleman at JMS and he said they would swap the unit out if it happens again. Thanks to all who responded!

Sponsored

TrackpackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT PP
My tune didn't make much difference in my pedal response.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
My tune didn't make much difference in my pedal response.
It will if you ask them to raise the pedal vs plate tables more in the drive mode(s) The only problem is you lose resolution in other words you don't have 1:1 control of throttle position vs actual throttle opening. You end up with wide open throttle being less than 100% pedal (84% pedal is 100% in sport mode stock if you have drive modes in your car).