Sponsored

Vortech V7JT installed not really happy

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
First time I've owned a blower car. I know vortech/paxton dont have the same bottom end torque like a whipple but I was expecting a little more fear factor. I'm tuned for 10.5 pounds but I've only seen 9.5 maybe because its 90 degrees out side... not sure. Car hasn't been on the dyno yet just street tuned by lund. Driveability is spot on tho. Car is alot faster of course lol. 1st and 2nd are useless. Did a 2nd gear 30mph roll blew the tires off... smile on face lol. 3rd gear was hoping for a little more pull down low but once I hit 4th it pulled like a train. hoping once I up the boost to 12 to 13 pounds I'll have a bigger smile on my face. What do you guys think? Will I be able to notice a pound or two of boost? Thanks

Mods
Vortech jt trim v7
8 rib pulley upgrade
Id1000 injectors
JLT intake for vortech kit
VMP boost a pump
Beefcake torque booster kit (turbosmart hypergate45 wastegate)
Turbosmart e-boost boost controller
Longtubes
Rst clutch
Sponsored

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
When you say 3rd and down low, what RPM are you stabbing it at? Centri blows are RPM dependent so the higher the rpm the more fun you have. Turbo and PD's have that fast feel but in my experience the feel doesn't mean they are faster. If you are at 4500 in 3rd and stab it then it should be balls to the wall fast; especially since you have a the wastegate... If you are below 3500 then, well, you are doing it wrong.

Which pulley are you on and the 9.5 is that the psi regulated by the wastegate or pulley? May seem like a dumb question but some people do not pulley enough to even open the gate on spring...

In my experience with Lund they do not tune for a specific PSI, the tune reacts to the amount of air and adjusts timing etc... accordingly. I am also on a wastgate and went through 20 something revisions at all boost levels to ensure everything was spot on. If you are only seeing 9.5# due to wastegate regulation turn up your boost controller up or re-spring. You will not feel much/if any difference in 1# of boost though.

Last thought, you have longtubes, that will lower the overall level of boost you will see. So if they tell you its a 10# pulley on stock headers you will see ~1# less. Not losing any power because of the drop, just more efficient. But that's why you have a wastegate...just turn it up.

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
it's a 3.15 pully. it's pullied for 18 or so pounds. Im gonna stab it 4500 in 3rd and see what happens. I literally just picked it up and drove it straight to work today

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
Roll to 5k and hit it then report back. Centri cars def don't Feel as fast. My buddies hellcat feels faster than mine......I put a bus on that car lol

Sponsored

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Lmao I figure black tail pipes equals running rich. From what i hear

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
First time I've owned a blower car. I know vortech/paxton dont have the same bottom end torque like a whipple but I was expecting a little more fear factor. I'm tuned for 10.5 pounds but I've only seen 9.5 maybe because its 90 degrees out side... not sure. Car hasn't been on the dyno yet just street tuned by lund. Driveability is spot on tho. Car is alot faster of course lol. 1st and 2nd are useless. Did a 2nd gear 30mph roll blew the tires off... smile on face lol. 3rd gear was hoping for a little more pull down low but once I hit 4th it pulled like a train. hoping once I up the boost to 12 to 13 pounds I'll have a bigger smile on my face. What do you guys think? Will I be able to notice a pound or two of boost? Thanks

Mods
Vortech jt trim v7
8 rib pulley upgrade
Id1000 injectors
JLT intake for vortech kit
VMP boost a pump
Beefcake torque booster kit (turbosmart hypergate45 wastegate)
Turbosmart e-boost boost controller
Longtubes
Rst clutch
Catless?

Sponsored

RonnieSVT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 SVT Lighting , 2018 GT350
The computer is still learning, try driving it at night and take it to 6500 , shouldn't feel slow then!

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Welcome to hell, the drug called ‘boost’ is very addictive lol

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Ok....car is fast lol. Been playing with it for a couple hours now, tried a couple of 2nd gear 40 rolls at 75 degree weather. Blew the tires off but it was fun. I noticed it at times it felt like it didn't wanna give me all the boost..for example, I would come out of 3rd with full boost go into 4th and it felt like it was holding back, switch into 5th starts pulling hard. Sometimes it would pull hard in 4th and hold back when o switched to fifth. Tune related??? These blowers dont get heat soak do they? Has anyone experienced this. Didn't do it all the time but it did a couple
Sponsored