Impression's of modern cruise nights

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
I'm a younger guy and have been to my fair share of car shows, cruise-ins, and Cars 'N Coffee events.

I get exactly what you are saying. These events are clique-ish. Unless you make the first move and approach the clique, they won't have anything to do with you. Heck, sometimes they don't want to have anything to do with you either way.

At these shows, I usually find myself talking to the older people there. You can usually get a conversation going with them unlike people my own age.

Part of the issue is the society we live in. Everything is fast paced, people walk with their head down, and avoid social interaction as you pass by. The other issue is being introverted or stuck up. Somebody that may be socially awkward or introverted will tend to hang around others they know or stick to themselves and not start a conversation. Just because someone has a loud car doesn't mean they are a loud(extroverted) person. People mistake this behavior with that of someone who is a douchebag or stuck up. In reality, someone who is wired this way can't help it. They need someone to approach them and then they are fine. Start talking about something that somebody loves and you can get them talking your ear off in no time.

I think people who are into the whole brand loyalty thing add to being antisocial. If it ain't (insert car maker here), then I hate it. That mentality is what sucks at the car scene. Instead, enjoy viewing all the makes and models that you have at your fingertips. Be glad we don't live in North Korea where your options are limited.

I could ramble on, but I'll stop there lol.
Sponsored