Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
Vehicle Showcase
If you still have the stock wheels and your current wheels aren't damaged, you should swap them. Make some money on your aftermarket wheels.

Are you going mustang again?
Sponsored

joeyd5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Platinum White 2017 Mustang GT Convertible
Without seeing under the car. I can say they will attempt to fix it

MELLOWYELLOW06

MELLOW 2.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT PP
First of all, I very hapy that you are ok.

As for the car, though Im not an expert, its not looking too good and you are probably much better off if they total it out. You wouldnt want to fix it and if they did, you would have a hell of a time selling it.

But let insurance do its thing and take their steps.

If they total you out, and you decide to get a replacement, mine may be up for sale by then, if yellow works for you :D

OP
OP

Randy954

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Pp
yea they decided to total the car. They said the check should be what the market value of my car is in my area so im hoping 32-35k

OP
OP

Randy954

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Pp
woohoo they gave me 37k and thats with the deductible already taken out. Time to start looking at an 18 GT:)

Sponsored

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats Randy! :thumbsup:

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
save some of that for front & rear dash cams.

... No police didnt find them. The police didnt even show up as a matter of fact. Just made a report with my insurance.
why didn't the police show up ?

And no i didnr get a plate number. The airbags smashed my glasses causing the lens to pop out.. plus he made it seem like he was going to turn into the complex with me and then went straight.
any potential for witnesses?

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I always tell friends to get a plate# and a good description first before they do anything else. I write down the plate before I even ask about insurance. Of course, in this case he probably didn't have time to do that. I'm sure it was quite a shock. Maybe there's some traffic or business cameras around that could have captured the wreck?

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I always tell friends to get a plate# and a good description first before they do anything else. I write down the plate before I even ask about insurance. Of course, in this case he probably didn't have time to do that. I'm sure it was quite a shock. Maybe there's some traffic or business cameras around that could have captured the wreck?
If you get hit bad, you can easily be dazed and confused. And if its a hit and run, complete with broken glass and airbags, good luck even seeing a plate #, much less remembering it.

edit: lifted F250 is rather conspicuous. Diesel with modified exhaust will draw even more attention. Someone that lives or works in the area might remember the truck. Owner of the truck might even live in the area.

Last edited:

Firepath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
Nothing special yet
Make sure you lodge a complaint about the police not bothering with copies of the pics to show it was no bumper scratch. Hold people accountable for their responsibilities. No doubt they were all tied up dealing with petty shit from entitled whingers.

Sponsored

Bravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Turbo Box
I'm kind of surprised that software engineers don't force the rear camera to start taking photos in the event of a collision - I realize that in most rear-ending cases, the camera is likely destroyed (not sure if it was here), but it would only take simple coding with a small onboard memory chip to store these images.

90% of the time, the camera would likely be facing the wrong direction or be destroyed during impact, but there would be a handful of hit and runs that it would catch.

Heck, as soon as all cars are equipped with rear collision warning (Radar / Lidar detecting objects approaching from the rear at an unstoppable speed), the camera could begin snapping images with hopes of grabbing a clear still prior to impact.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Make sure you lodge a complaint about the police not bothering with copies of the pics to show it was no bumper scratch. Hold people accountable for their responsibilities. No doubt they were all tied up dealing with petty shit from entitled whingers.
"Entitled whingers"???

What's that mean in Aussieland?

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP. Former 2016 Ecoboost owner.
woohoo they gave me 37k and thats with the deductible already taken out. Time to start looking at an 18 GT:)
How does that compare to the NADA guide values?
I ask because its due course for insurance companies to low ball your first offer.

You can negotiate the settlement.

I did so with a BMW that was totalled, and ended up getting over 15% more as a result.

States vary, but in my state they are required to pay the amount it would be to get you into a comparable vehicle (condition, mileage, options) and cover taxes and registration fees.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
This is why rear-facing dashcams are so important.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
Your car looks like my sister's old 06 tC she had. She got rear ended from an older gentlemen who just ran into her and kept going. My dad went down to help her clean it out and her trunk was non-existent.
Sponsored