Sponsored

Aggressive Drivers Suck (Simple Rant Thread)

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Just feel the need to rant after some a-hole tried to intentionally hit my car.

It's dreary and wet today on the way home from work and I'm turning left off the main road to the road my neighborhood is off of. No traffic coming at me and I take it a little slow due to the slick roads. A-hole in an Isuzu Rodeo comes barreling up behind me, right on my rear bumper mid turn and starts laying into his horn (still no traffic around). I'm a little thrown off by him and put it in 4th instead of 2nd and don't really get moving quickly. He continues beeping and riding my ass.

He eventually backs off a little over the next 1/4 mile. My neighborhood is coming up on the left, so I start slowing down and turn on my blinker. He then comes right back on my ass, honking and flashing his brights. I don't pay it any attention and proceed to start turning. His next move is to try to pass me on the left, so I slam on my brakes to avoid him hitting me. Next he comes right beside me so I can't turn and rolls his window down and starts yelling at me. Then inches his car closer to mine before finally driving off. I got his plate and called the cops to report him, but probably nothing will come of it.

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with some people?
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome to the entitled pansy generation.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
If you drove an Isuzu Rodeo you'd be mad at the world, too.

You did good. I've sworn off all aggressive gestures or actions in response to these idiots (Lord give me strength). I find a disgusted head shake to be the best response these days.

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
Had someone act like that with me the other day... My reaction was somewhat different. I found a twisty road and buh bye.

Seriously if my family would have been in the car it would have been a ton different. I have started carrying for a reason.

Firepath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
Nothing special yet
Yep good on you for getting the plate and reporting it. Too many times things like this happen and in the heat of the moment I don't think to get the plate.

Its far beyond time to start holding douchebags accountable for their garbage behaviour.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
I will get very impatient with slow cars in the fast lane, or ones that don't use turn-outs, but even I would never have tried to pass on the left when the person in front is signaling to make a left turn. I would also never yell at someone or try to intimidate them by getting real close. That's just stupid and asking for trouble (not to mention being a jerk).

Glad you were aware and able to avoid an accident. The other guy will likely have a visit from Karma it seems.

-T

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Get a 2 channel dash cam and record the morons around you.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
My dad and I drove my '13 on a curvy road to a local soda shop. My dad was driving home on said curvy road.And some idiot was HALFWAY in our lane in a turn! And my dad had a truck on his a$$. Luckily, my dad is a very good driver and kind of swerved so he wouldn't hit him. Which he really couldn't do because there was an embankment next to us.

By the way, the guy didn't even look at us! It pissed us off! I understand if he waved sorry. But he didn't even acknowledge us! If you don't know how to drive on a curvy road then DON'T. I sometimes rode the yellow line going around a turn but nobody was coming.

Rant over.

Sponsored

Semi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
79 ford f250 7.5l/2015 gt pp ruby red
If it were me I'd just have pulled over. Sorry you had to deal with that crap.

OP
OP
scoggy_doogan

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
If it were me I'd just have pulled over. Sorry you had to deal with that crap.
2 lane road with no safe spot to pull over and my neighborhood is only about a 1/2 mile off the main road, I wish I could have just let him by.

OP
OP
scoggy_doogan

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I have a dashcam, and have been thinking about upgrading to a blackvue 2 channel. I think I'll have to order one now.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
^

doesn't have to be a fancy 2 channel. A rear dash cam will do.

You could try putting on your hazard lights for the tailgaters and gradually slow.
Sponsored