Sponsored

Anybody ever fall "out of love" with owning your Mustang?

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Not addressing your personal concerns, it took me 9 years of ownership of my 2005 convertible to get bored with it...almost bought a 2014 but waited on the 2015 and very glad I did. I'm 2 1/2 years in on my 2015 and feel like I'm just getting into the groove with it as a daily driver with a fair amount of mods. I do think mods draw your closer to your ride as you feel more invested in it.
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
If traffic is bad I just take a different more fun route. It's a Mustang and I drive it for fun.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I fell out of love with a motorcycle I spent years beautifying. 13k into a 3k bike.

Wanted Speed....

Bought a cbr1100xx Miss my old bike. Easy to pull in and out and tool around town.

But then I saw my first s550 last December and I had to have it. Bike's been sitting all year. I think the honeymoon is almost over, it's 500 bucks a month and I've got a truck and bike paid off. Should have thrown that 500 bucks a month into the house payment but...

I'd miss it terribly.
I got bored with all the race bikes like the 600RR and R6. Then I bought my first Ducati and fell in love riding it. You really need to try a Ducati. It's almost a spiritual experience riding one hard through the twisties. Sound and beauty.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Yes and no...

I want to make the next steps with mine but can't justify the money at this time. (LTH and a SC) So I am kinda bored.

I'd never sell it, I'd miss the car and the fun it does provide. I have been eyeing MOPARS again, I need to stop that LOL

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
R U NUTZ? :shrug:

THE ANSWER IS NO! :mad:

TC :D

Sponsored

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
I did. I loved my 13 Mustang, and still miss it. I bought my 15 Mustang and loved the hell out of it when I got it. Threw mods at it and loved it more. Eventually it became a chore with the family. Wife hated the recaro seats, it was a bitch to get my son and his booster seat in and out of the car. Eventually I conceded and sold it.

MrBoogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I wouldn't say I've fallen out of love with it, but after a year and a half, it's starting to feel slow. It's not, I just got used to it. The same thing has happened with every performance car I've ever owned. That's always the point I start adding go-fast goodies. It's about that time with this car. As an aside; I go through phases with target shooting myself. Last year I reloaded 7k rounds of just .45 ACP. I haven't pulled the lever on the press a single time this year.

Coolmanfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
I live in San Francisco which just got voted to have the worst traffic in the US. That couple with people constantly hitting .y car was leading me to consider giving it up.

Then one day I decided I would buy a corsa catback and that reinvigorated my love. After that I started to wonder if my gt was "slow" what with the new camaro and challenger being faster. This also made me less in love with my car.

However one night after washing my car I decided to go for a spirited drive in sport mode. I never used sport mode and the few times I did it was only for maybe 20 minutes at a time. Sport mode was a different beast. The torque and speed is like being s rocketship and the downshift sound glorious. Every car within blocks wanted to race me and even though I didn't partake it felt good knowing that others were enjoying my car as much as I was.

That's the thing about my mustang it always impresses me. Right when I get to thinking the honeymoon is over it does something new and reignites my excitement

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
I LOVE my Mustang! but when I was younger I did fall out of love with my 89 LX 5.0. The ride was so stiff and it was stock- but it killed my back. I had to sell it and then I bought a 1994 Trans Am which was faster, drove better and the ride was smooth and comfortable. Of course, the door panels practically fell off the Pontiac as it hit 36K miles.. and the interior was loaded with Plastic, so then I went European.. lol. As to my 2015 Mustang, I don't think I'll ever fall out of love with her.

A7X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Black Silver Stripes
I also do some target shooting. And often times I stop getting to the range for months at a time due to work, and other crap, and think about selling some guns off that are just collecting dust. Hell, my Glocks haven't been out in at least 2 years.

But back to the Mustang. I wanted a Camaro or Mustang since I was 13 years old and lusted after owning it. Back then the city wasn't as congested, gas was cheaper, and I had less responsibility.

Factory ordered my 5.0 in 2015 in my late 20's. I drive this and have my daily Toyota sedan.

After living with it for over a year and a half, I am sadly starting to fall out of love with it.

-13 to 14 mpg with gas over 5 bucks a gallon (Canada....) really gets annoying.
-The congestion of everything means that even when I try to get away for a weekend or go for a leisurely drive, I hit a wall of traffic. And with all the condos, construction, etc. it just gets worse. The other day I was cruising along wonderfully and then BAM - wall of traffic. 4 lanes into 1 due to some gigantic condo buildings they were putting up. Felt like I was going to wear my clutch out inching along for like half an hour.
-Damage! I noticed somebody scraped up my side fender and I had to get it repainted. 1100 in damage, paid my insurance deduct and was on my way. Around that time I had to get a screw patched from the tread of my tire. Two days after picking it up from the body shop....SOMEBODY BACKED INTO MY FRONT BUMPER! :frusty:
-Weather here. It doesn't get too bad but it rains a lot and last year we had a lot of ice and snow which kept me parked for some time.

So with all of this crap, I am making payments, insurance, gas, repairs on a vehicle that's starting to feel like it's becoming a pain in the ass to own.

Now a part of me is thinking to sell both my cars, getting a 6 cyl small pickup like a Colorado or a Tacoma, and calling it a day.

Has this falling out of love happened to anybody here?
Only had mine for 6 weeks but LOVE it!!

What surprises me is the fuel economy. Cruising at 100 km/hr I get 6l/100 km. At 130 km/hr I'm getting 7 l/100km on flat roads.

If I punch it of course it drinks more. In the city I'm at 12 l/100 km.

Yep it's a 5.0 and it drinks Costco Premium no ethanol gas.

Unfortunately it will have to be my winter ride. Could be interesting...

Sponsored

Rob00GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Ragtop
Anybody ever fall "out of love" with owning your Mustang?
Not even a little bit. In fact, when I go to the range my convertible's trunk holds my extra-large range bag, two full size rifles, and a large ammo box with room to spare.

I recommend spending some time finding a less-congested area where you can drive "the way it's meant to be driven". A long series of curves taken in 3rd or 4th gear for a few miles helps me to blow away the stress of a long work week.

Tang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
I actually love mine more now with how the 18+ refresh turned out

If you want to have fun and drive really fast why not take the car to the track or autox? It scratches the itch for me to where I don't drive over 100 too often on public roads.

BobbyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Only thing I regret is not going premium. I was debating on it for a while, The extra 4-5k wasn't going to kill me, but I also like saving money. I ended up with a great deal just walking into a ford dealer, so just bought it right then. 2 years later, car gives me a huge smile, love how it looks, but I would love some red leather.

Firepath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
Nothing special yet
The car I had before the S550 I had for almost 11 years, so I don't chase the latest and greatest. My cell phone was purchased in 2014, and my iPad like, 2011. I barely ever buy new things.

When i got the car circumstances were a little different. I had to move offices at work. My old office had a parking lot that was secure. Hell, I could leave the Mustang parked there for a while if I wanted to. New office has scarce parking and I think that's why I get the hit and runs - people trying to squeeze into tiny spots.
Man I'm similar to you; I value money a lot more than most seem to. I'm 35 and had 3 cars. The third car I've had for nine years, and is almost 15 years old. I plan to have it for another 3, 4, maybe 5 years to get value out of it.

As a teenager I REALLY wanted a 69 sportsroof and spent too much time during university researching and planning a restomod build. Since then my youthful desire to have a beasty car has slowly been tapering away, somewhat refueled by the gen 6 and the fact it is available here from the factory.

But I'm feeling when it is finally time to get another car, if the gen 7 doesn't spark my interest enough, I'll probably go with a small, cheap second-hand little hatchback that is cheap to run, easy to park, I don't care if it gets door dings, etc. My money is much better off paying off my home and paying less interest, especially since I only have one small garage and my bike must be in there.

Modern cars just get more complicated, with more electronic crap that I couldn't care less for, with less and less systems you can fix yourself, and when they do need fixing, the cost numbers have three zeros. That's not to mention they cost way too much to begin with.

So none of that helps you at all, but know that you're not alone struggling with what you want versus what seems like the smarter thing to do.

We all end up dead in the end, so it doesn't really matter what you do with your money during life, may as well enjoy the things you want to enjoy without second-guessing yourself, especially when you've already committed / bought into it. Selling / trading now generally loses out more, AND you don't have the fun car any more.

Elgyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost, MT, DIB, Premium, PP
Vancouver.
Everything now make sense....except the gas. Premium just went up to 1.66/liter (or $6.64 gallon for those the can't math)

if you want to sell some of those boomsticks shoot me a message
Sponsored

Reactions: Mic