2018 Mustang. Anyone warming to it?

RMS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 EB, custom pack
Like any other Mustang in the past, in the end we will like it all the way.....
Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Still not enough to want to trade; even if the new look was incorporated into the Shelbys

BLITZM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBA
Thought it was epic from that first image, and now I think its mega epic after I saw those new HD images - it is an awesome looks upgrade, quad pipes are nice, plus the V8 motor upgrade. Interior is same same as the MY2017, so don't really care.

I believe they stop making the MY2017 cars in September, and with the change to the RHD MY2018 we will probably not see a new car on our shores before Feb/March.....It's like mid 2015 all over again...

Firepath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
Nothing special yet
I initially thought it was bad but every day it looks better and better. The proper media pics help, versus the blurry, washed-out leaked video we all first saw.

I think pretty much everything is a home run now except the splayed triangles on the outer edges of the lower front fascia. I think that just looks weak. And I mean weak as in wussy, lacking strength, with it's thin look and splayed design.

EDIT: Oh yeh and the gloss-black grille is a step back. Not just in being gloss black, but by being so up-front and thin, like the 2015 ecoboost grille versus the GT.

The creases in the bonnet, much better proportions of bonnet on the outer edges versus the 2015.

The headlights, I think the snipped-off upper-outer point is more mature a shape, more classy.

I understand the gap under the headlight now too. The headlight is still the same, if you look at the space it fits into, it is just angled now, and with the lower inner part snipped out.

The lower front opening / further rolling over of the front of the bonnet makes it look like more of a strong sports-car, more like a Jag F-Type or something.

I feel like the angles on top and bottom of the tails and front (US) DRLs were a bit much, but not overly offensive.

All the tech improvements are winning 100%. Magneride, dual mass flywheel and dual plate clutch, DI + Port injection + 12:1 CR, spray bore, stop-start CAPABLE*(hopefully not mandatory), more power, more efficiency, LED headlights, even the digital dash. I like the classic cars, but I do appreciate technology. If it can be done right, I have no problem with modern things like a digital dash.

I hope they've designed everything with export in mind too, so we get more that the US get.

I also hope they've done a little more work for export (like cup holders / hand brake for RHD and red lense tails).

mustang51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Toyota Camry
I like it and when I get mine I am glad it will be the new one. I bet the exhaust, digital dash, and more horsepower in the engine will all come to Australia.

But if the GT350 came to Aus I would pick that over a 2018.
Sponsored