Sponsored

Blind Spot Mirror Add?

justinakajuice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Prem. Auto
I used the all-powerful search button but did not see if anyone has done this. Would adding blindspot mirrors be a plug and play operation or would it require a bunch of other upgrades? Had them on my '15 and would like to add them to the '16.
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
You probably need some kind of module.

pike1346

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 5.0 Premium
I am curious too

Ultrakla$$ic

Whoflung Poo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ingot Silver Premium
I raised the question and it's by no means plug and play. The BLIS mirrors use radar sensors in the rear bumper and unless you have the option you'd have to put these sensors in your bumper which I doubt is even possible.

Thunderbird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
I raised the question and it's by no means plug and play. The BLIS mirrors use radar sensors in the rear bumper and unless you have the option you'd have to put these sensors in your bumper which I doubt is even possible.
Do you know if those are the same sensors used for the "Reverse Sensing System"? I have a 2016 Ecoboost Mustang, and came here wondering if I could swap out the standard mirrors for BLIS mirrors.

Sponsored

samsheng831

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Have the same question too

Hi, I'm actually planing to add those features to my new 16 S550 GT. I think the hardware you might need are Door Mirrors with BLIS light, BLIS sensors installed in the rear bumper. And some harness that Ford might not have equipped for standard config vehicle.
All those parts can be easily found at www.fordparts.com.
However, I have no clue if this can be plug and play, because the BLIS should appear in the Driver's assistance options on the screen of the gauge.

Or is there a way that I can have access to the car's computer system?
I also want to alter some other settings such as auto-headlight reaction time etc.

Somebody help! Thanks!

jvzero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Is it possible to add the OEM Ford BLIS (Blind Spot Detection) and Cross Traffic Alert features you can get with the 2016 Mustang as a paid option, but as an add-on after the fact somehow? I have not found any articles saying it's possible to add to a 2016 GT Premium if it didn't already come with that. Anyone know for certain? I read through these comments, but thread hasn't been updated in quite some time.

Twenty15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium | DIB
blis

Is it possible to add the OEM Ford BLIS (Blind Spot Detection) and Cross Traffic Alert features you can get with the 2016 Mustang as a paid option, but as an add-on after the fact somehow? I have not found any articles saying it's possible to add to a 2016 GT Premium if it didn't already come with that. Anyone know for certain? I read through these comments, but thread hasn't been updated in quite some time.
Try looking at the thread "modifying as built data" in this forum. After the hardware has been installed you may be able to get this in the information center.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
If I was in your shoes I'd just but one of the little round stick-on ones on. I like that with those you can see the parking lines or a curb ... something the factory one doesn't do. I miss that.