Building a Bulletproof EcoBoost

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
Right now we have only had a small group of cars actually receive this upgrade. With all of the fluctuation in pricing that we are currently seeing on factory parts there is not enough pricing stability to have solid, reliable, and fair pricing. So, we do not have that for you guys just yet.
No worries! I haven't even ordered a car yet! But when I do, at some point down the road, this looks like a great piece of engineering to ensure long-term reliability with bigger power and torque numbers!:headbang:

Does your brace differ from the EcoBeast crate motor in any way; or is it a easier way of turning a stock EB motor into a "pseudo EcoBeast" motor of sorts. I instantly thought of the other crate motor when I saw the top of the brace.
Sponsored

Fast64ranchero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
63 Ranchero, 1972 Pinto, 2015 Mustang
Ford has no listing for several parts needed when building from a bare block. Can you tell me how you have gotten around things like the 3 plugs on the outside of the block, (kinda reminds me of a pop rivet) and the main bolt that has the threaded hole to bolt the oil pickup. Both of those Ford has not responded

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Stock- 13.64@100 1/4 mile
Such a good read. Learned A LOT from this post. Thank you for sharing and creating this product.

OP
OP
Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
Ford has no listing for several parts needed when building from a bare block. Can you tell me how you have gotten around things like the 3 plugs on the outside of the block, (kinda reminds me of a pop rivet) and the main bolt that has the threaded hole to bolt the oil pickup. Both of those Ford has not responded
We actually have manufactured the 4 tools needed to build the 2.3L.

OP
OP
Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
Such a good read. Learned A LOT from this post. Thank you for sharing and creating this product.
Thanks for taking the time to follow!

Sponsored

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Looks good. Hope to see some more high output builds start popping up. Now if you can just do something about the head...

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0

Brianh922

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1
Support up to 600 hp for $5500? Eh.

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Why so much? Your Coyote short block is the same price with twice the number of parts... I understand the deck plate has a cost... but for the price I would expect this block to be using the more expensive I beam rods.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
There are actually just as many parts involved in building the 2.3L VS a Coyote. There are several parts that do not exist that we had to engineer in order to even assemble the engine.

OP
OP
Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
Looks good. Hope to see some more high output builds start popping up. Now if you can just do something about the head...
Recently, we have been sharing how we have tackled many of the engineering shortcomings of the stock EcoBoost engine. One of the biggest questions that we have been asked like the quote from [MENTION=6819]dragonacc[/MENTION] that I included is regarding the cylinder head on the 2.3L.

WELP! Today I had a chance to catch up with our engineering team and cylinder head facility supervisor, and they sat me down with our upcoming Powerstorm 2.3L Pro Series Cylinder Head. They took me through the process of testing, development and testing that we have done so far on the 2.3L head. Providing critical engineering data and comparisons to stock and the many modifications that they have come up with. We are currently finishing up the programming for our 5-axis CNC machining and the subsequent blending that we take the additional time to do.

We are not ready to drop a bunch of images and flow data on the world just yet as we are currently working on a few...things, but it is coming. Stay tuned!

Cmw458

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow black ford mustang ecoboost premium PP
I'd be interested in pricing on this as well. Lol if you need a guinea pig I will absolutely volunteer lol.

Shewantsthe5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT, 2014 Black Jeep SRT
Not an ecoboost fan but this is neat. How do you plan on bringing this to the aftermarket?
Sponsored