Sponsored

Procharger Intake Manifold Shootout!!

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550 gt procharged,2012 GT F1X Procharged
been putting this off as i was waiting on my guides, gear, and oil pump gears from MMR so i could get those installed first. i wanted to be able to take full advantage of the higher reving intake. i wish i had a boss 302 intake that i could test as well but i dont. but here is the lineup starting on it tonight. P1SC stage 2 car. pump gas and methenol. currently making 15 psi. i will baseline the car with the stock intake. im going to lock the timing (prevent it from adding any) for testing purposes and see where we are at. i will then be trying a stock 11-14 intake just for the hell of it because i have one sitting here. maybe be a cheap way to get more power and no imrcs?? then i will be swapping on the holley sheet metal intake. then i will be swapping on the holley RACE intake. then finally time and ambition permitting i will swap on the cobrajet i have sitting here. then the grand finale, i will be doing a before and after of the MAK Inlet pipe!! if anyone has a boss 302 laying around i can borrow even better.

pics of what went down this weekend.

didnt get a pic of it buttoned up but wasnt bad. took me about 7 hours start to finish including pulling the blower off. and putting all back together. took it and filled up last night so its game on tonight!!
Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Sweet deal man,cant wait to see the results as i want to get rid of this stock intake and imrc crap.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
To bad I can't send you my Victor II to get some good numbers on it...but of course i wouldn't have a car at that point. I see the 1000hp car that PCtech posted was running that intake as well.

OP
OP

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To bad I can't send you my Victor II to get some good numbers on it...but of course i wouldn't have a car at that point. I see the 1000hp car that PCtech posted was running that intake as well.
'
yah i saw that. would be cool to have back to backs on every intake. but i just dont have the money to have all these intakes sitting around lol

Sponsored

OP
OP

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
baseline done.. timing locked really low. again this for power curve not peak power yet. trying to take tune out of the equation as much as possible.

notice our "flatline"

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
baseline done.. timing locked really low. again this for power curve not peak power yet. trying to take tune out of the equation as much as possible.

notice our "flatline"

should have bought the p1x...it doesnt flatline.:headbonk::headbonk:

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
Are you going to do a pull without any inlet at all? As in PC Intake vs. MAK vs. Open?

Sponsored
OP
OP

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you going to do a pull without any inlet at all? As in PC Intake vs. MAK vs. Open?

I can do that fir sure. I would THINK it would pull hot air from the radiator but maybe it wont matter. worth a shot. :headbang:

OP
OP

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
well finished with the 11-14. worth mentioning this is like stupid easy to swap. other than some light grinding on the intake (show in pics) its a direct swap. the fuel rail spacer and the 15 rails themselves bolt right on. the TB bolts right on and all the Vac lines are in the same spots. you have to plug the one going to the imrc but other than that nothing else. the tune was completely unchanged other than shutting off the imrcs in the tune so it would run happy.

and finally....

worth noteing. almost mirror images. it DOES appear to carry farther up top so quite possible with some cam timing adjustments it will make more. this tune has cam timing optimized for the 15 intake. final verdict? hard to say.
these intake are SO cheap. might be a decent swap for people that want to get rid of the imrc. its a lot cleaner in the back of the engine for sure and with some cam timing I bet it makes more power up top. moving on to the holley sheet metal. going to TRY and get this one done tonight if I can.

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
Nice

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
Make sure to log your maf airflows for real comparison

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Subbing for this one. I think that car car is really gonna wake up with a manifold. Looks like with the higher boost the flatline moved lower in the band.
Sponsored