OEM GT350 Intake Manifold vs Ford Performance GT350 Intake Manifold

Ngtmare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Prem GTPP
First off, forgive me if this has already been clarified. I did a search here and google and couldn't turn anything up. I am trying to find out the difference between the OEM GT350 Intake manifold (part number GR3Z-9424-C) and the Ford Performance release of the GT350 Intake Manifold (part number M-9424-M52). The OEM intake manifold just dropped in price and is going for a little over $600 while the Ford Performance is still staying close to $1000. Are they essentially the same part, one just rebranded by Ford Performance? Just looking for a little more insight before I burn $300+ for nothing, if that's the case.
Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Buying directly from FRPP is going to be alot more expensive than anywhere else. So what you're seeing is the MSRP for that intake, but you can buy it from other vendors for well under that price.

But essentially they are the same thing.

OP
OP
Ngtmare

Ngtmare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Prem GTPP
Buying directly from FRPP is going to be alot more expensive than anywhere else. So what you're seeing is the MSRP for that intake, but you can buy it from other vendors for well under that price.

But essentially they are the same thing.
Alright, good to know. Thanks!

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Would the FP one be more of a kit with install hardware and such? Seems the "OEM" GT350 part would only be the intake piece as a replacement. Just guessing here...

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
Would the FP one be more of a kit with install hardware and such? Seems the "OEM" GT350 part would only be the intake piece as a replacement. Just guessing here...
You can not buy the installation kit separate. Not sure what is in it, but my bet is that you can make the kit.

Sponsored

MyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Ngtmare,

At that price I would recommend the Ford Mustang GT Performance Intake & Calibration Power Pack 2 - @ Levittown Ford (forum-sponsor)
Ask Benny for the forum discount before ordering works out to be like free shipping.

Last edited:

Phil@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Bullitt, 2004 Cobra, 1968 Fastback
The ford performance part has been discontinued. The new OEM part number ending in a "C" has a had a couple minor revisions (which they have not disclosed what they were to me) but confirmed that this is the new part number for the gt350 manifold and is being produced directly under ford not ford performance anymore.
So in short if you see any ford performance ones around, they are left overs but they are both the same product.

OP
OP
Ngtmare

Ngtmare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Prem GTPP
Ngtmare,

At that price I would recommend the Ford Mustang GT Performance Intake & Calibration Power Pack 2 - @ Levittown Ford (forum-sponsor)
Ask Benny for the forum discount before ordering works out to be like free shipping.
It's going on a Vortech car, so I just need the IM only. I just didn't want to waste money on the Ford Performance one if there was no difference. The OEM part just dropped in price recently and is considerably cheaper. I will ask them for pricing on the OEM part though, thanks!

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
There is no important difference.

The Ford Performance unit is not a kit.

You can get a "kit" from JDM Performance which includes an intake, manifold, and installation stuff for a great price. I think they offer a tune for a discounted price with it.

You do not NEED their kit but you will need some vacuum hose, a way to extend a few wires properly (solder the correct gauge extensions in). Do not stretch the stock wiring...

OP
OP
Ngtmare

Ngtmare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Prem GTPP
There is no important difference.

The Ford Performance unit is not a kit.

You can get a "kit" from JDM Performance which includes an intake, manifold, and installation stuff for a great price. I think they offer a tune for a discounted price with it.

You do not NEED their kit but you will need some vacuum hose, a way to extend a few wires properly (solder the correct gauge extensions in). Do not stretch the stock wiring...
Yeah, I saw they sold an install kit for $79 for those that don't want to mess with it on their own. Comes with the proper hose, harness extention and various other pieces.

Sponsored

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I was shopping for a GT350 intake manifold and noticed this as well. So I should be good to go with just a replacement OEM GT350 manifold versus the GT350 manifolds that pretty much all of the vendors are selling for nearly $1000? I can't find a picture of the OEM unit to see if I need any additional hoses or anything.

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I was shopping for a GT350 intake manifold and noticed this as well. So I should be good to go with just a replacement OEM GT350 manifold versus the GT350 manifolds that pretty much all of the vendors are selling for nearly $1000? I can't find a picture of the OEM unit to see if I need any additional hoses or anything.
As stated above the manifolds that are out there labeled as Ford Performance are leftover stock. They are Ford part number GR3Z-9424-B aka M-9424-M52. The new intake with a C suffix has a few improvements for durability. Not performance.
If you install this you will need the drivers side PCV hose, the brake booster hose and a pigtail for the EVAP extension (I am getting ready to do a few of them soon).
Sponsored