cpelaez1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black 5.0 Vert
Hey everyone,

I'm going to be installing a procharger P1 Stage II kit in a couple of weeks and have it Lund tuned. I'm currently running the GT350 intake manifold, throttle body, GT350 JLT CAI, and full exhaust. I'm on a Lund flex fuel tune. I was wondering if anyone on here had any pointers for the install with the 350 mani/tb. Also, does anyone know if I will need something else that won't be in the kit to make this all work? I'm not sure if it is any different from the manual.

Thanks.

Cristian
Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Don't see why it would be any different except you'll need to find a way to connect Procharger's air inlet to the larger GT350 TB. Frankly I'd go back to the stock TB with an adapter - easier to achieve better driveability with the stock TB but Lund, I'm sure, can figure it out. Certainly Ford Performance can't for some reason... but I digress.

As you know, the vacuum lines on the GT350 IM consolidate to one coming from both sides of the engine, where on the OEM GT IM they stay separated until the connect to the inlet pipe downstream from the air filter and before the TB. So if there's a need, you can split the vacuum line on the GT350 IM or use a vacuum plug, if this is even an issue at all.

OP
OP
cpelaez1

cpelaez1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Vehicle(s)
Don't see why it would be any different except you'll need to find a way to connect Procharger's air inlet to the larger GT350 TB. Frankly I'd go back to the stock TB with an adapter - easier to achieve better driveability with the stock TB but Lund, I'm sure, can figure it out. Certainly Ford Performance can't for some reason... but I digress.

As you know, the vacuum lines on the GT350 IM consolidate to one coming from both sides of the engine, where on the OEM GT IM they stay separated until the connect to the inlet pipe downstream from the air filter and before the TB. So if there's a need, you can split the vacuum line on the GT350 IM or use a vacuum plug, if this is even an issue at all.
Thank you for the tip. Lund has the tune ironed out really well right now for me. They said it won't be an issue with the procharger.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I think the Procharger piping is some kind of plastic. Maybe it can be heated a little to carefully expand over the larger GT350 IM. Might as well as Procharger... maybe they have some kind of adapter recommendation.

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
It's a silicone hose to the throttle body. And hey, you are only a couple hours from me, I'd like to see how your gt350 manifold runs compared to mine sometime.

Sponsored

OP
OP
cpelaez1

cpelaez1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Vehicle(s)
It's a silicone hose to the throttle body. And hey, you are only a couple hours from me, I'd like to see how your gt350 manifold runs compared to mine sometime.
Yea sure thing. Did you install yourself?

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
I have the GT350 with stock TB and adaptor. I can let you know how the vac lines run. That's the only difference, took me one trial to figure out only vac was going to the purge valve the first start, you don't want to do that.

OP
OP
cpelaez1

cpelaez1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Vehicle(s)
I have the GT350 with stock TB and adaptor. I can let you know how the vac lines run. That's the only difference, took me one trial to figure out only vac was going to the purge valve the first start, you don't want to do that.
Did you install the blower yourself?

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
Yes I did.

OP
OP
cpelaez1

cpelaez1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Vehicle(s)
Yes I did.
How difficult was it? I'm pretty nervous about attempting to install this lol. I'm trying to install it with someone who has done it before but I can't find anyone.

Sponsored

Andrewg

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic GT 401A
Did my Procharger install for the first time about 3 weeks ago. It was relatively simple and i'm no expert by any means. Getting at the bolts for the fascia removal is a pain. Worth buying an electric screw driver with an angled end just for that. Trying to catch all the coolant from the hoses whilst doing the thermostat housing swap was messy. The crank bolt was a bitch. Had to call a guy with an air impact as my electric impact was too big to fit even after removing the fans. Lots of time spent trimming and test fitting hoses. Also the supercharger itself needed to be clocked a small amount to fit properly and i didn't have a metric set of allen keys so had to wait till the store opened. It's actually pretty easy. Set aside a couple of days and take it slow and you'll be fine.

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
It was cake compared to other things I've done. Lots of experience working on cars.

OP
OP
cpelaez1

cpelaez1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Vehicle(s)

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
You wanna help me install mine haha
Yeah, I could, but it might be tough matching schedules, etc. What's your timeline?
Sponsored