I notice AM is "STAGE 4" and beef cake is "STAGE 2" might be the difference
Sorry for resurrecting but the part number is the same on both sites
Sponsored

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
I'm big on anything McLeod. I've always been happy with their dual and single disc clutches. If you plan on drag radials or slicks at the track go McLeod RXT. If no drag radials, slicks or track hard launches go RST.

OP
OP
SVT-DADDY

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
For you guys that have done your clutches...what are you doing with the flywheel?

I have no issues now so I am thinking of hitting it with a quick dingleberry resurface and calling it a day.

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
Get it resurfaced. Cost me 45 bucks with a same day turn around at a local shop. Some Napa's will do it also.

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
Definitely get it resurfaced. This set up is already stacked together pretty tight with plenty of hydraulic movement. Worse thing that can happen is the clutch will engage a bit closer to the floor which is a good thing.

Sponsored

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
For you guys that have done your clutches...what are you doing with the flywheel?

I have no issues now so I am thinking of hitting it with a quick dingleberry resurface and calling it a day.
I just installed the mcleod rst. Feels like the stock clutch, can't tell the difference. Super smooth engagement.

If you use the stock flywheel with the mcleod, a good portion of the friction surface will not touch the flywheel. The mcleod is smaller in diameter than stock. So you need their flywheel. I put in the mcleod lightened steel flywheel. Car revs a tad quicker and no loss in driveability.

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I am considering the Spec Stage 3+. its a Single disk but sprung hub. and they rate it into the 800ish torque range

OP
OP
SVT-DADDY

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I am considering the Spec Stage 3+. its a Single disk but sprung hub. and they rate it into the 800ish torque range
I've actually narrowed it down to either the spec 2+ or RST

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I ran the Spec Stage 3+ years ago in my 03 Cobra. It's on and off with a heavy pedal. For the T56 I had to change out the input shaft.

Sponsored

Pongo23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevin
Vehicle(s)
Procharged 2015 Mustang GT PP
I've actually narrowed it down to either the spec 2+ or RST
I was in between the mantic, McLeod rst, ram 10.5", and the exedy. Went with the exedy and have my clutch spring removed so its stiffer than stock but in a good way for me at least; my experience is that it's super smooth and it can put down the power. McLeod is definitely popular on forums as they offer a good value proposition; mantic is crazy expensive and after speaking to someone who had it, I decided it wasn't worth the extra. My tuner had the ram in his personal car and had great things to say. I know a roush super charged s550 with the rst and he is smelling clutch under heavy load. So I went with the et04xd from exedy; not much about it online but it's bad ass and smooth as silk.

RubyRedPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP 6-speed
After replacing your clutch, did the annoying clunk/thud go away during upshifts or when stopped and trying to go into gear? Any feed back would be greatly appreciated!

Pongo23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevin
Vehicle(s)
Procharged 2015 Mustang GT PP
After replacing your clutch, did the annoying clunk/thud go away during upshifts or when stopped and trying to go into gear? Any feed back would be greatly appreciated!
Hello,

I didnt have any clunks or thuds when i was stock. Only thing i remember is when i had first gpt the car was like the gear lash if i disengaged at low rpm but that went away once i got used to the car. I dont have any clunks or thuds right now either; everything is firmer due to the mgw shifter and if not enough gas is giving on take off you can feel the slight grabby feel from the exedy hyper twin disk clutch; but honestly no complaints and its real smooth.
Im not sure how ur shifting but what i did notice is that with the stock setup ur better off just kinda guiding the shifter with hand gestures into gear rather than pushing it directly (not sure if my explanation will make sense but i used to achieve super quick shifts like that without exerting much force on the shifter). Given that the stock shifter is a remote shifter, theres a lil slop and itll get out of alignment under heavy load. If youre getting constant clunks and thuds on upshifts etc id prolly have the dealer take a look.
Sponsored