Sponsored

Sounds like a good deal, but want to make sure

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
So I am looking at a Mustang as my new DD, I currently own a Focus ST which I have had for 3 years/60,000 miles but I have really been wanting a Mustang since the latest gen came out and I am about to bite the bullet on a 16 Premium GT since I think I found a great deal on one. I found one with 2,800 miles on the clock which they wanted $33,000 for but I got them to go down to $32,000 and to add in Certifying it for the Ford Certified Pre-Owned warranty. It has the Premium package, Enhanced Security package(which I'm not sure what it is), Reverse Parking Assist, Shaker sound system and it comes with a Corsa exhaust installed already from the previous owner which sounds amazing! The ONLY thing I don't really like is it has the base 18" wheels, but I plan to re-purpose those with snow tires and buy better wheels anyway.

I am just wondering if there is anything I should be looking for or should know about the car before making the final decision. The car is mine and has been pulled off the lot with my name on it although I haven't put any money down yet, but $8,000 off sticker with a BETTER than new warranty sounds like a great deal to me! But what do you guys think?

Afterthought: A couple things I thought I should ask too since I am a complete Mustang newb. I thought I wanted the Performance Pack and the 3.73 diff because of course you would! But I honestly will not be tracking this car and would love the MPG advantage of the stock 3.31, am I wrong in thinking it is an easy swap to change in the 3.73 gears later if I wanted to? I am prone to getting bored with cars so I modify them to keep my interest and this may be something I want to do in the future when I get bored.

Also, how on earth do you get your apps to show on the Sync3 system? I plugged in my iPhone but it would not show any apps. I was expecting Waze to show up or Google Maps but nothing.
Sponsored

Last edited:

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
So I am looking at a Mustang as my new DD, I currently own a Focus ST which I have had for 3 years/60,000 miles but I have really been wanting a Mustang since the latest gen came out and I am about to bite the bullet on a 16 Premium GT since I think I found a great deal on one. I found one with 2,800 miles on the clock which they wanted $33,000 for but I got them to go down to $32,000 and to add in Certifying it for the Ford Certified Pre-Owned warranty. It has the Premium package, Enhanced Security package(which I'm not sure what it is), Reverse Parking Assist, Shaker sound system and it comes with a Corsa exhaust installed already from the previous owner which sounds amazing! The ONLY thing I don't really like is it has the base 18" wheels, but I plan to re-purpose those with snow tires and buy better wheels anyway.

I am just wondering if there is anything I should be looking for or should know about the car before making the final decision. The car is mine and has been pulled off the lot with my name on it although I haven't put any money down yet, but $8,000 off sticker with a BETTER than new warranty sounds like a great deal to me! But what do you guys think?

Afterthought: A couple things I thought I should ask too since I am a complete Mustang newb. I thought I wanted the Performance Pack and the 3.73 diff because of course you would! But I honestly will not be tracking this car and would love the MPG advantage of the stock 3.31, am I wrong in thinking it is an easy swap to change in the 3.73 gears later if I wanted to? I am prone to getting bored with cars so I modify them to keep my interest and this may be something I want to do in the future when I get bored.

Also, how on earth do you get your apps to show on the Sync3 system? I plugged in my iPhone but it would not show any apps. I was expecting Waze to show up or Google Maps but nothing.
With those options and mileage sounds like a good deal. :thumbsup: