Sponsored

Sounds like a grinding noise when I reverse after a cold start. What is it?

AJofEarth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Magnetic
Hey so in the mornings when I go to back my car out of the garage it will make a squaling/grinding noise if I don't let it idle for ~30 seconds to a minute. I don't have this problem going forward from a cold start, just reverse. It's quite loud and as soon as I shift back into park it stops.

It is coming from the front of the car.

For the record I have a GT auto. Has anyone else had this problem?
Sponsored

Last edited:

xdarkox84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang 2015 v6
honestly i think its the drive belt, mine does same thing, as soon as it warms a little goes away, other members reported drive belt noise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hey so in the mornings when I go to back my car out of the garage it will make a squaling/grinding noise if I don't let it idle for ~30 seconds to a minute. I don't have this problem going forward from a cold start, just reverse. It's quite loud and as soon as I shift back into park it stops.

It is coming from the front of the car.

For the record I have a GT auto. Has anyone else had this problem?
Hey AJofEarth,

Here to help! I'm unable to diagnose as I'm not a technician, but I recommend having your dealer take a look. PM your VIN, mileage, name, phone number, and dealer info. I'll loop in a customer service manager to assist through the process. :)

Jeff

Louieg58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt performance package black
I am having the same exact issue. Though, my car seems to occasionally do it when it is warm as well. It sounds like its coming from somewhere in the front.

I just had to tighten my rear axle nuts and various suspension bolts which solved a loud clicking noise I was having from my rear end so I wonder if it could be something similar like some improperly torqued bolts on the front end. It sounds like its coming from somewhere in the front. Would be interested to hear if you found a solution.
Sponsored