Sponsored

Steering Wheel Not Straight

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
I love my new 2015 Mustang GT and am not one make complaint threads but I have an annoying issue with my steering wheel.

Basically, my steering wheel sits slightly to the left when the car is going straight and when I straighten the steering wheel the car clearly goes to the right, this happens at any speed. This has been going on since taking delivery of the car. It isn't an alignment issue either.

I will of course be having the dealer service address this asap but am wondering if any one else had this problem with their 15' mustang and if so was it fixable?

I had a similar issue with my 2012 5.0 when I had my noisy front right LCA warrantied. The steering wheel sat to the left when going straight after the LCA was replaced. I took the car in 3 times and they were unable to fix it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
15GTBEN

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You think it's alignment? Have you had this issue with your 15 Mustang?
I hope it is something simple like that.
It would have had to come that way from the factory as I've never hit anything.

My 2012 with the LCA/steering issue was aligned a few times by the dealer (so they said)with no success...

Steve44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP
I have exact same problem, wheel is pointing slightly to the left, I think it is easy fix that I will be getting done soon.

OP
OP
15GTBEN

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, my experience, and messages from some here with the same issue....it normally is out of alignment. Why do you think yours is not? If the steering wheel is not straight...and there is a "slight pull" to the left in your case...it's alignment.

Not unheard of for a new car to have the alignment slightly off.

And you have to check it all out on a really flat surfaced road. That's hard to find in most places.

And, too, alignment can be good, but, when it was aligned the steering wheel was not centered. Fixable by someone on the alignment rack who knows what they are doing.
It is behaving exactly as my 2012 GT after the LCA fix did but alignment/centering steering wheel did nothing. That is what is worrying me.

Yes it does it EVERYWHERE, always to the left anywhere at any speed. I thought it was the road at first.

It doesn't really pull to the left either. I'm hoping it is a simple fix like alignment or un-centered steering wheel.
Sponsored